Looking for Information on a CT 35 Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wndsnd

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Largo
Vessel Make
Fales Caribe 30
I am looking at a 1985 CT 35 and was wondering what opinions are of that make and model. I assume this is just another Taiwanese builder, do they have a good reputation? Ford with 1600 hours seems too good to be true and fiberglass decks.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good trawler surveyor in the Newport News area?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

CT Built mostly sailboats but as with many of these builders, they dabbled a bit in trawlers. The boats were typically overbuilt with lots of fiberglass but with the typical Taiwan boat issues. A good surveyor THAT IS FAMILIAR with the boats will make a big difference. Be sure and do a thorough "interview" before hiring one. You shouldn't have any problem find one in that area. Start with BoatUS and ask for their list of surveyors. 1600 hours on the engine just means it wasn't used much. That isn't always a good thing with a diesel. You also want to hire an engine mechanic to do an engine survey and sea trial. Don't depend on the boat surveyor for that. Good luck. Chuck

Not a chb but highly recommend the buyers guide. The Taiwanese trawlers are more alike than they are different.

CHB BUYERS GUIDE

Thanks

Thanks guys. That buyers guide is really informative. Upped my level of respect for Grand Banks but I still have to wonder if the premium is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom