Raw water strainer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schrater

Vessel Name
Matilda
Vessel Make
Ponderosa (CHB) 35' Sundeck
Anyone know what brand/model of raw water strainer this is? It’s got a cracked cover and is leaking. I’m trying to find a replacement part.

It’s on a Ponderosa 35 (CHB).

IMG_4823.jpg

No idea of the OEM. May well be a foundry nearby the plant that built your boat,

However, I venture that the clear plate is polycarbonate which can be had from local plastics shops. It can be cut with standard woodworking tools with some care.
Or they can cut it for you.

Drilling, it can be grabby so clamp it down . When drilling a soapy water solution will do a good job.

It looks like a San Juan Strainer. I think they were made by San Juan Engineering in Washington state. Not sure if they are still in production.

It looks like a San Juan Strainer. I think they were made by San Juan Engineering in Washington state. Not sure if they are still in production.

I am continually amazed at the level of knowledge you have accumulated in your careers. Also very grateful that you are will to share it with us.

But will it work outside of the San Juans??? Hopcar is indeed amazing.

I am continually amazed at the level of knowledge you have accumulated in your careers. Also very grateful that you are will to share it with us.

I second that. Nothing like experience. Thanks for passing it on :thumb:

It has been a long time since I have seen those so didn't think of them.

Wow, thanks guys. This is going to be embarrassing if I’m wrong.

Last edited:
My link above does not work. ? Do a search though and you will find them, and the parts for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom