View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 09:03 AM   #14
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: I'm afraid my genetics wouldn't be favorable to not exercising. Hubby and I both exercise diligently. He's very tall and I'm sort of tall and I think we'd both handle added weight poorly. I admit when young it was an ego thing and all for appearance and it's still partly that but also health. We love basketball and tennis and love long walks and swimming and kayaking. We also use home gym equipment especially when we can't do the other. Will walk miles and use treadmill, but will never jog or run on a hard surface like pavement. Don't think it's good for joints. Even playing basketball, always tape ankles. Hubby uses weight type equipment only for stretching and agility but not for muscle building. I use it for targeted muscle strength that is aimed at females although males can benefit in protecting the upper body as well. After years of exercise it's part of our routine.

When cruising it can be a challenge so we keep some equipment on board. We also search for opportunities in different places. We last played basketball in a gym in Croatia. The kids were fascinated these old Americans could still play. Well, six hours to home and apparently a mob of people for dinner tonight.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote