FL 120 waterpumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
Both our raw water pumps have decided to give up the ghost at the same time.

I am not sure weather to replace them with the original style of pumps or go for the newer one piece after market units. I know the newer styles are more expensive, however I would appreciate any observations from boaters who have already gone down this route.

Cheers,

Andy

I am not sure weather to replace them with the original style of pumps or go for the newer one piece after market units. I know the newer styles are more expensive, however I would appreciate any observations from boaters who have already gone down this route.

Cheers,

Andy
Replaced ours some years back. About $500 USD each from ADC, and you still have to get them here. Not entirely r&r either, from memory an oil hole to plug, etc. But, the drive won`t break and cook your engines. Took a while for ADC to get them built, not a "pick and pack off the shelf " item, back then at least.

Last edited:
A very smart upgrade. Did our stbd engine last year, and will upgrade the port pump sometime in the next couple seasons, as we had replaced it about 4 years ago with the “old” style.

Last edited:
Our 135 has a Johnson pump on it. Not sure if that is original or was upgraded. Nice part is that it uses same impeller as the NL generator.

Last edited:

Cheers,

Andy
No, don't replace with original. It's design is inherently faulty. Call Brian at American Diesel and get the Johnson upgrade.

Replaced ours some years back. About $500 USD each from ADC, and you still have to get them here. Not entirely r&r either, from memory an oil hole to plug, etc. But, the drive won`t break and cook your engines. Took a while for ADC to get them built, not a "pick and pack off the shelf " item, back then at least.
Uh, Bruce, American Diesel shipped mine the same day. It was "pick and pack off the shelf".

I found all the parts to rebuild my ‘original’ pump about a year ago. Now I wish I didn’t. After reading about how a failure of the original can screw up the motor, I wish that I had replaced it with the newer type for peace of mind.

Thanks for the replies, I am sourcing the newer one piece replacements

Uh, Bruce, American Diesel shipped mine the same day. It was "pick and pack off the shelf".
Might have ordered at a bad time, I think they were waiting on the (impressive) geared drive, my impression was they were built to order. Either way,they arrived, they were impressive, and they work!

Back
Top Bottom