Favorite picture so far.. What's yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is one of my favorites from the past summer.

20210719_162750.jpg

How 'bout this one?

Attachments

• big whale2.jpg
    big whale2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 24
More of some of my favorite places on the water.

From Lake Merwin, Victoria BC, Columbia river at Steamboat Landing, Columbia River in front of my condo and at Coast Guard Station Portland, OR.

VT

So very lovely! Can understand why they are some of your favorites. Thanks.

Not yet a liveaboard up there in Puget but how about a pic from an aspirational one? Lopez Sound facing Blakely Island viewed when enjoying a cocktail in the cockpit while the kids and wife were on shore.

Funny story, literally seconds after I snapped this photo I overheard a pan pan from the CG about a kayaker in the water in distress. I usually filter these out when at anchor but wouldn’t you know it, they gave the location as Swifts Bay. The moment of realization that I was *anchored in* Swifts Bay was not exactly instantaneous but eventually I mustered myself and glassed the area and found him. Since I was only halfway into my first drink I jumped into the tender and went over and hauled him out and took his kayak under tow and delivered him over to the paramedics waiting on shore. Who knew that Lopez Island even had paramedics on duty?!? Anyhow one of the easier rescues I’ve done. Was back before the ice melted in my glass. I’m not sure my wife believes that it actually happened.

View attachment 122033

What an awesome picture and story. Glad the rescue went well.

Amongst some scenics... Two of our favorite boat photos simply must include grand kids... hope you don't mind. The now 6'4" boy will be 21 this Christmas day! Where do the years go???!!!!

Such a lovely family.. thanks for sharing. Love the colors in the others.. just perfect. Thanks

Stuart Fl.

Attachments

• 1BCD058A-ECD8-4C12-8504-CF745FDD9697.jpg
    1BCD058A-ECD8-4C12-8504-CF745FDD9697.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 6415DC21-3F1B-497F-9B3F-D9C8EF35A3D8.jpg
    6415DC21-3F1B-497F-9B3F-D9C8EF35A3D8.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26
On the way to the tuna grounds off Mex. You all seem to like sun rises/set.

Attachments

• 7E1463A2-E6B6-4770-B89E-9918A13A93A2.jpg
    7E1463A2-E6B6-4770-B89E-9918A13A93A2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 24
On the way to the tuna grounds off Mex. You all seem to like sun rises/set.

I do like the colors. Your picture is stunning. I'm really enjoying all the pictures.. so much talent and incredible photography.

22348-albums1163-picture7156.jpeg

Shallow Bay, Sucia, San Juan Islands. iPhone 7 no filters

22348-albums1163-picture7155.jpeg

22348-albums1163-picture7154.jpeg

Newcastle Island, B.C. Some cheap $100 digital camera no filters

I’m not talented. I’m lucky.

Last edited:
From a 2 week cruise in my mini-trawler with my wife. Battle Bay (Brooks Peninsula) on the west coast of Vancouver Island. The "sunset" is actually a morning picture with smoke from forest fires.

Attachments

• Smokey Limet Lagoon.jpg
    Smokey Limet Lagoon.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 24
  • Battle Bay.jpg
    Battle Bay.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 25
22348-albums1163-picture7156.jpeg

22348-albums1163-picture7155.jpeg

22348-albums1163-picture7154.jpeg

Newcastle Island, B.C. Some cheap $100 digital camera no filters

I’m not talented. I’m lucky.

Definitely lucky.. nature is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

From a 2 week cruise in my mini-trawler with my wife. Battle Bay (Brooks Peninsula) on the west coast of Vancouver Island. The "sunset" is actually a morning picture with smoke from forest fires.

Very cool.. looks like it was an awesome trip.

Definitely lucky.. nature is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Amen. It’s these times that remind me how lucky I am...healthy, happy, great family and get to experience this type of natural beauty.

Those are a lot of beautiful and amazing photos. OP asked about favorite photos, and below is mine. Incredible memory of survival during 5 days of hand steering in 20-30ft seas. Wish I had photos of the big ones, but I was too busy hanging on and praying.

Attachments

• Big Seas.jpg
    Big Seas.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 33
On my photos it's not as much skill as being in the right place and time and having the camera handy.
Catching the Eiffel Tower at just the right time of day.
IMG-0909a.jpg

A toast to our wonderful European boat trip.
IMG-0357a.jpg

Ever heard of "North Face" clothing? Here's what the name comes from, the north face of Eigher Mountain.
IMG-0349a.jpg

Here's my hand built decoration for a Christmas lighted boat parade. Guess what my theme was.
DSCN3293.jpg

Dismal Swamp

Attachments

• ABA68FF7-CEB2-4429-B78E-A45402C7C466.jpg
    ABA68FF7-CEB2-4429-B78E-A45402C7C466.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 28
Those are a lot of beautiful and amazing photos. OP asked about favorite photos, and below is mine. Incredible memory of survival during 5 days of hand steering in 20-30ft seas. Wish I had photos of the big ones, but I was too busy hanging on and praying.

Wow.. haven't been in that big of mess, but have been in rough stuff so can imagine. Glad you survived, cool picture.

On my photos it's not as much skill as being in the right place and time and having the camera handy.
Catching the Eiffel Tower at just the right time of day.

A toast to our wonderful European boat trip.

Ever heard of "North Face" clothing? Here's what the name comes from, the north face of Eigher Mountain.

Here's my hand built decoration for a Christmas lighted boat parade. Guess what my theme was.

Jealous of your European trip. Would love to do that, don't know if I can convince my husband though.. time will tell. So looking forward to gathering memories of the boat life myself. Thanks for sharing.

Upon turning 80, I am sill on the water in a boat that's super simple!

Attachments

• Walt &Duffy.jpg
    Walt &Duffy.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Duffy 22 Cuddy.jpg
    Duffy 22 Cuddy.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Circuit Breaker in her slip.jpg
    Circuit Breaker in her slip.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 25
Upon turning 80, I am sill on the water in a boat that's super simple!

Very cool. I hope to one day be 80 and be still on the water. Amazing. Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom