60' Sea Spirit Long Range Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Price range trying to keep it at 1 million or less. At this point anything is possible and we'd look at any boat worth buying. Talking about steel trawlers we went and looked at the 60 Cape Horn on yachtworld.com in Seattle last weekend. Now that was a ship! Simply amazing how over-built it was, not to mention the bathrooms were the size you would find in a house and I mean all of them. Also the salesman told us it was ice rated which seemed believable. Problem was there was more rust present than we were comfortable with and the paint job had some pretty large spots where it was pulling off the boat. I left with with feeling that the guy was selling it due to the rust battle and upcoming maintenance that was due to it. Otherwise I was all in but I'm not looking for a project when spending 800k on a boat....it's got to be turn key at that price.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update you the more I look at the fintry the more I like it. What we don't like is the old person feel of the build out. We do like the stabilization and the overall look and feel of such a vessel like this. It must be secure and almost be an immovable object at 300k dry weight. Also the price is low enough for us to change it as we want but I have no idea about steel boat maintenance and essentially a true commercial vessel as this. Does anyone know what to expect cost wise maintaining a commercial ship vs recreational. I know 1k per 10ft for recreational but wouldn't it be considerably higher for this boat? I imagine just filling the fuel and water tanks to 1/4 capacity be quite the task. I wonder if the owners would go lower as well. It's a niche vessel probably not too many buyers for something this big and moorage and maintenance must be very expensive for it just to sit some waiting to be sold. Any thoughts would be nice and if anyone has seen it in person I'd like to hear from you.

Good points. I'm actually looking at fintry seriously now. Thanks for the suggestion as we are planning on retiring in Florida anyways. We need sun. Want to do the bahamas and travel the east coast. Fintry could do all of that without any safety issues and is a really cool looking ship.

Back
Top Bottom