Downrigger Mounting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38'
Picked up a couple Cannon Downriggers that I intend to mount on the stern. I would like to do it in a way that allows not only the downrigger to be removed, but the mount as well. I was thinking of using Starboard or similar product as a plate and mounting under the rail in the stern corner with stainless carriage bolts ans wing nuts. The problem is that when the unit is removed, I'd still have the bolts and nuts hanging down under the railing. Just wondering if anyone has better method?

The Cannon down riggers we have come with a mounting plate so the down riggers could be taken off. I been think about ways to mount on the Eagle with out damaging the teak cap and the railing. the only way i figures is to make a mount the screws/fastens solid interior side walls below the teak cap rail that the down riggers would mount to. Let me know what you come up with.

Picked up a couple Cannon Downriggers that I intend to mount on the stern. I would like to do it in a way that allows not only the downrigger to be removed, but the mount as well. I was thinking of using Starboard or similar product as a plate and mounting under the rail in the stern corner with stainless carriage bolts ans wing nuts. The problem is that when the unit is removed, I'd still have the bolts and nuts hanging down under the railing. Just wondering if anyone has better method?
I like the Scotty's system. Everything gets removed except for a very strong and permanently mounted plate about 3/4" thick. Whatever you do, it has to swivel.....

Attachments

• Downrigger.png
    Downrigger.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 131
Do you have flush rod holders? I just bought 2 of these from WM:

t261_2295db45e1a6036cb8573c90a149da8d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom