A visitor to our marina today…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s been a very sloppy trip up to Friday Harbor. Winds have been a steady 30-40kts, and we saw a gust to 52kts. Fortunately it’s on our tail so we are sloshing, not pounding. In about 45 min we will be inside between San Juan and Lopez. Looking forward to that.

Tell us more, how was the ride in those conditions? Have any video you can share?

Tell us more, how was the ride in those conditions? Have any video you can share?

It actually wasn't too bad. Just not the kind of boating I prefer. Probably 5-6' stacked waves on our stern. Plus I still have a bunch of tuning to do on the autopilot, so we were squirreling around a bunch, and enough to get some prop cavitation in a few areas.

The worst areas were between Port Townsend and Whidbey Is near the SA buoy. At that point there was a lot of accumulated fetch coming up the sound (winds out of the SSE). But then we turned east and stayed along Whidbey so there would be less fetch, and that helped a lot. Then went up the east side of the Partridge Bank and Smith Island, again trying to stay in waters with less fetch, but not for too long for fear to limit how much beam exposure we'd have between Smith Island and Jan Juan/Lopex.

Then it got bad again (probably the worst) for the last several miles approaching Middle Channel between San Juan and Lopez, because it was again all open fetch. We passed what I think was a Selene coming out as we were going in. It didn't look like fun, and they only made it a mile or so before tuning around.

Beautiful boat. Wish I could RENT IT!

Sort of my reaction. I know I'm supposed to drool, but my first reaction is "thank God it's not mine." Like a super model, beautiful to look at, but too much for me. Although, I guess I could rent one.

What a boat! Hope to see it in SoCal someday.

Here's a tour of a sistership:

It actually wasn't too bad. Just not the kind of boating I prefer. Probably 5-6' stacked waves on our stern.

Ok next you venture out in these conditions...please call me and I'll come wherever you are so I can see and feel what it's like in a big Nordy. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom