Wiper -washer fluid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SILENTKNIGHT

Vessel Name
STELLA DI MARE
Vessel Make
2006 MAINSHIP 34T
i have a 2006 MS 34T. Attatched is the fluid sprayer? where is the resevoir?
is there a switch to spray the fluid?

Attachments

• 20210920_191234.jpg
    20210920_191234.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210920_191245.jpg
    20210920_191245.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 18
My '08 uses fresh water... no reservoir.
I rarely use it but seem to recall one of the wiper rocker sw activates the washer.

That pocket for the wiper's pivot point looks like a strange way to get clearance. Does it drain off some place out of the photo frame?

That pocket for the wiper's pivot point looks like a strange way to get clearance. Does it drain off some place out of the photo frame?
Its over head so no drain reqd.
Photo is right side up.

Its over head so no drain reqd.
Photo is right side up.

Ah, I took a quick look and somehow conflated that arrangement with the Pilots which have pivots on bottom and the nozzle on the cabin top in front of the windshield. Clever arrangement now that I see it properly.

On my 430, there's a reservoir under the upper helm, easy to get to and works fine.

But, for the most part, using RainX works so the wipers are really not needed much and the rain cleans them quickly without the washing fluid.

so i did locate the Y- slpit under the upper helm with the fluid hoses. So when i press the one rocker switch i get nothing coming out? i will send a hoto of the set up under the helm

We have a 2009 34 Mainship. I’m very interested in what you find. I have never seen a reservoir under the upper helm. But I will look for it.
Also the three rocker switches as I remember are only off/on positions. I’ll have to look to see if there is a way to possibly hold down to see if that is how you would activate the pump?

On my 2006 the washers were supplied directly from the fresh water system. There was a small electric valve located near the washers (accessed via the ports cut in the floor under the upper helm? I think that is how I remember it.). One of the wiper switches activated it IIRC.

There was also a valve that allowed shutting water off to the washers. It was located in the ER, fwd, starboard side. To get to it I needed to remove the starboard panel that covered the fuel tank. Silly place to have a valve.

Attachments

• 1021414.JPG
    1021414.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20111226_124407.jpg
    IMG_20111226_124407.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 18
We have a 2009 34 Mainship. I’m very interested in what you find. I have never seen a reservoir under the upper helm. But I will look for it.
Also the three rocker switches as I remember are only off/on positions. I’ll have to look to see if there is a way to possibly hold down to see if that is how you would activate the pump?
IIRC one of the rocker switches have a 3rd momentary position that you hold down to open the valve Dave showed and the allows the fresh water system to spray.

This is what i found? i think its some type of a pump? for the wiper /washer
I need to check if there is power ...

Attachments

• 20210926_150515.jpg
    20210926_150515.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210926_150527.jpg
    20210926_150527.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 16
Is this the valve ?

Attachments

• 20210926_150527.jpg
    20210926_150527.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 13
For you that have to winterize, don’t forget to add windshield washer to the list of stuff needing antifreeze. It’s probably already too late if just finding it.

Is this photo.. looking down under the upper helm into the round hatch located in the center of the floor?
Thanks

yep, The round hatch is the only access... Quite small if you are trying to get tools down there and have big hands

I will check to see if valve is open or closed, and also will chech to see that i have power to the switch at upperhelm . Great photo !

B0259F83-3B8C-4BDF-93EF-3A6DF9744F26.jpg
We spend a lot of time in brisk winds so wipers are critical. I moved the intermittent switches to the side right in front of the jog steering . No need to move my hand every few minutes.

I will check to see if valve is open or closed, and also will chech to see that i have power to the switch at upperhelm . Great photo !

I have a 2009 MS 34T with the same(?) inoperable set-up.
It's not a big deal for me, but I would like to get it working if it's an easy fix.

Did you get your's working?

Is it a pump or just a valve in the photos?

A friend with a Mainship 30 Pilot II recently replaced a burned out windshield washer water solenoid switch but had to cut a couple of access holes before he could find it. My brother also replaced a leaking washer solenoid switch on his GB42. Betcha that's the issue.

A friend with a Mainship 30 Pilot II recently replaced a burned out windshield washer water solenoid switch but had to cut a couple of access holes before he could find it. My brother also replaced a leaking washer solenoid switch on his GB42. Betcha that's the issue.

Thanks,
I probably won't worry about it if I have to cut in new inspection ports, but if it's a solenoid valve replacement through an existing port, I'd fix it.

Back
Top Bottom