Help in La Paz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnO

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Tsula
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 42
Just put a boat under contract down in La Paz. We have a bit of time, but I need to find a good surveyor, good mechanic and good yard. Never spent any time down there, but hoping some other TF folks can give me a few good recommendations.

Also, wondering about the protocol for getting an oil analysis down that way. I presume mechanical inspection could help on that, but the one mechanic I chatted with says he doesn't do an oil analysis.

Lastly - any recommendations on getting help on the TIP paperwork. Need to cancel Seller's and get our own.

Thanks for thoughts!

Just put a boat under contract down in La Paz. We have a bit of time, but I need to find a good surveyor, good mechanic and good yard. Never spent any time down there, but hoping some other TF folks can give me a few good recommendations.

Also, wondering about the protocol for getting an oil analysis down that way. I presume mechanical inspection could help on that, but the one mechanic I chatted with says he doesn't do an oil analysis.

Lastly - any recommendations on getting help on the TIP paperwork. Need to cancel Seller's and get our own.

Thanks for thoughts!

hire a Mexican agent to deal with the TIP, it will be money well spent.

hollywood

welcome to Mexico! and remember Manana does not mean tomorrow....just not today.

thanks for the suggestions! I'll reach out to Rich and find an agent for the TIP. Good call. Appreciate the help.

Agree with the above. Also send Crusty Chief a PM as he was in that area last year on his way to the Canal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom