Torqueedo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
Bought a Torqeedo outboard motor with an AC/DC adapter for charging the battery. It also came with a DC charging cable (?) but it does not hook up to anything. What gives?

Attachments

• Torqeedo.jpg
    Torqeedo.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 14
The AC charger works fine, I want to charge from a cigarette lighter receptacle. They want 60 buck for the adapter cord, but I can make one myself for chump change. It's the polarity I'm not sure of.

The AC charger works fine, I want to charge from a cigarette lighter receptacle. They want 60 buck for the adapter cord, but I can make one myself for chump change. It's the polarity I'm not sure of.

From a cigarette lighter!!! Jesus H. You have bigger problems.

Lol. Point taken. But better than a 2.4 amp USB port.

Seriously, yes one should check the wiring on that cigarette lighter and the Circut breaker size. The standard charger only puts out 4.16 amps, at 12v.

The fast charger is extra of course.

According to Torqeedo, the charging load on DC is only 4 amps.

Even the medium vast and fast fast charges supply around 3-4 amps. They play with the voltage to deliver more juice.

I'll try to look when I'm down at the boat. That almost looks like the cable that is used to connect the Torqeedo solar panel to the battery.

BTW, the flexible solar panel I got with the motor years ago works really well. We would tie it to the top of the dodger of the sailboat and it always kept the battery topped off even with heavy use of the motor daily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom