Storage under bench in main salon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
I've read here and other sites about people using the bench for storage. I assume that they are just cutting out the top, creating a frame and using the cut out for a hinged lid?
Anyone here done that or have one? If so interested in some pictures.

I've read here and other sites about people using the bench for storage. I assume that they are just cutting out the top, creating a frame and using the cut out for a hinged lid?

We are going the other way. The tops will be fixed and access will be from the front or sides. Simple plastic storage tubs will be used for organisation.

No need to remove people and cushions for access. Tubs can be see through and labeled for easy identification. They also can be easily reconfigured and changed out for different sizes.

In our previous layout, top access just saw junk piled in from the top with difficult access to the stuff on the bottom.

Sorry no photos as the refit is a work in progress but hopefully you get the idea.

Our folding-leaf saloon table has a side door on its stand for storage, We use it for red wines.

Sounds like a job for the FBI. In the meantime how about snapping another? That wine storage sounds like a modification I'd be interested in seeing.

The overhead locker in the guest stateroom is under the bench seat.

Skip
Tampa

The overhead locker in the guest stateroom is under the bench seat.

Skip
Tampa

This. You can't really cut it. But people add a shallow "tray" to the top of the bench seat and use the cushion for the lid, either attaching it with hinges or just lifting it off. The bench is pretty low for the table, so the extra 4" or so is pretty helpful.

I haven't done it to our 400 yet, but it is a nice upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom