Only 6 Months to go!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Happy "Fall Equinox" today folks!!!!

A few more weeks until the big freeze begins for you all in the "North."

Our first rain storm was the other day in the PNW, so summer is on it way out.

Time to start building the "to do list" for the winter. I also hope we have a Seattle Boat Show this year.

Good luck to all those trying to squeeze a little more summer out of Mother Nature!!:thumb:

Yeah, the cold is definitely coming. Just under 5 weeks left to haulout for us.

We just had our first weather delay of the fall. Had to anchor for 16 hours while a northerly gale turned Lake Huron into a washing machine.

IMG_4864.JPG

On the bright side we’re past the halfway point to where the days start getting longer. Cheers!

We just had the Seattle outdoor boat show. I expect we will have the indoor show as well this year. However, expect it to be restricted to masks and vaccinated people only.

Non vaxers don’t hate on me. Wa state just announced a vax only policy for all indoor entertainment operations.

Our ready to pull-by date is Oct 15 for our marina. I always tell them to leave us for last -- if I have to use a hatchet to chop ice off the bow rails, that's okay. I envision the marina crew coming over, firing up the boat, putting it into gear but nothing moves -- because I'm still on the dock with the mooring lines wrapped around my body and my feet braced against the dock cleats yelling "Nooooooo, don't take her!!!!"

Our ready to pull-by date is Oct 15 for our marina. I always tell them to leave us for last -- if I have to use a hatchet to chop ice off the bow rails, that's okay. I envision the marina crew coming over, firing up the boat, putting it into gear but nothing moves -- because I'm still on the dock with the mooring lines wrapped around my body and my feet braced against the dock cleats yelling "Nooooooo, don't take her!!!!"

We always try for a late haul / early launch. Last year we hauled on 10/26 (far from the last, but definitely towards the end). We launched on 4/6 this year. Only the 2nd or 3rd boat in the water at the marina that isn't a fishing charter, I think. Only came close to needing to go shovel the boat once this spring...

Now that is funny. Thanks for making me laugh [emoji2]

Yeah, the cold is definitely coming. Just under 5 weeks left to haulout for us.
Cold, what cold..? We are just entering Spring. Already 24ºC here today. Ah, that's about 75ºF for you US folks.
Oh, wait....sorry...you are just entering Autumn...that's Fall for you US folks. :eek: :nonono:

PS. This is interesting...you'd think they have got over it by now, but heck...
Three countries in the world do not use the metric system as the official system of measurement: the United States, Liberia, and Myanmar. The United States’ reluctance to fully adopt the metric system stems from when the British colonized the New World, bringing the Imperial System with them. :popcorn: :D

Sorry...something just came over me your honour... :hide:

26C in Sydney today, sunny and warm. Not allowed out so attacked the garden, used a new pole trimmer,think electric chainsaw on a telescopic pole. Dangerous it is,use with care. But,Spring/summer freedom could come as soon as mid October!

26C in Sydney today, sunny and warm. Not allowed out so attacked the garden, used a new pole trimmer,think electric chainsaw on a telescopic pole. Dangerous it is,use with care. But,Spring/summer freedom could come as soon as mid October!

We have predicted snow down to near sea level tonight with gale force southerlies. Spring is always the wild unpredictable season, serious boating doesn’t really begin until summer proper and right through autumn and even the first month of winter, with fantastic still, calm weather.

I reckon those electric chainsaws on pole extensions are a great invention, you can do some serious pruning in a very short time compared with any manual option.

I reckon those electric chainsaws on pole extensions are a great invention, you can do some serious pruning in a very short time compared with any manual option.

And look at the bright side. If you do yourself an injury, at least you'll be getting out of the house!:dance:

And look at the bright side. If you do yourself an injury, at least you'll be getting out of the house!:dance:
Fortunately no injury no ER visit, can`t say the same for next door`s macadamia tree crossing the fence bothering our seville orange tree. Yet to get the backwash of the weather SB experienced in Tassie, it`s predicted later.

I want some 'cold'. I want some rain. My tank is empty, and Summer's on the way. We pay quite highly for the grid water, and then they sting you again by calculating 90% of water used = the sewerage charge..! :angry:

Happy "Fall Equinox" today folks!!!!

A few more weeks until the big freeze begins for you all in the "North."

Our first rain storm was the other day in the PNW, so summer is on it way out.

Time to start building the "to do list" for the winter. I also hope we have a Seattle Boat Show this year.

Good luck to all those trying to squeeze a little more summer out of Mother Nature!!:thumb:

12 degrees N, perpetual summer =) I have to go to Patagonia to see snow...cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom