Annnndddd...it's a wrap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kintala

Veteran Member
After over a year of searching, we closed on our trawler this morning so our transition from sail to power is complete. Now starts the to-do list :dance:

2781472_8875c640_11.jpg

Ok, uncle, I give up. What is she?

Wow, nice boat -- how do you carry the dingy, aft deck roof? If so, how do you get it up there? Little hard to tell but I don't think there's a derrick up there but maybe I'm missing it. Congratulations!

Wow, nice boat -- how do you carry the dingy, aft deck roof? If so, how do you get it up there? Little hard to tell but I don't think there's a derrick up there but maybe I'm missing it. Congratulations!

This photo is a little old because she's been on the hard for awhile. Since the photo a Weaver tilt up davit system has been installed. It's really cool because you don't have to remove the outboard to tilt it up. There's a mounting system for the motor that allows the dinghy to swing up but the motor to stay vertical.

Congrats on your new boat. Have fun with it.

Congratulations! Pretty boat, and welcome aboard. Enjoy getting to know her and have lots of fun with it.

Congratulations, she looks newer. What makes it a "Sedan"?

A sedan model is all on one level for the most part. The galley is usually across from the lower helm and there are only 2 stairs down to the cabins/head which are also usually the engine room access. The big difference is that they don't have an aft cabin, only a V-berth and sometimes a pullman berth just aft of that. A Europa model would be a sedan with covered side decks.This would be as compared to a sundeck model that usually has the galley down with the V-berth, then the salon on the main level then 4 steps to the sundeck which is over the full beam width aft cabin then four steps to the flybridge. We wanted the sedan because we wanted the cockpit at the water level. We didn't want to be sitting way up on the sundeck at anchor. We've been sailing for years and felt we would miss the closer interaction with the water. Plus it's easier to get on and off a sedan. The disadvantage is the near vertical ladder to the flybridge, but every boat has some compromise. The interior volume of the sedan is definitely less than that of a sundeck, but it's what meets our needs. We never really considered a trunk trawler like the Grand Banks style because I have really fair skin and need a good shady spot to sit at anchor and I don't usually care for the Bimini arrangements that they have. Everyone is different so there is no "perfect" boat. This boat ticked all of our boxes but one and that was the ladder vs steps to the flybridge.

Congratulations, she looks newer. What makes it a "Sedan"?

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, :facepalm: you've got a sedan..! It is the old name for what became called Europa designs. Ie, no aft cabin...saloon/cockpit all one level. :confused: :D

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, :facepalm: you've got a sedan..! It is the old name for what became called Europa designs. Ie, no aft cabin...saloon/cockpit all one level. :confused: :D
Learning learning... I always figured it related to the canvas FB top, you know, sedan vs convertible, but I suppose vs coupe. All 3 power boats I`ve owned are sedans by that definition, no aft cabin and galley up.:)

Back
Top Bottom