View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #26
Bob Clinkenbeard 1

City: Locust Grove
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksipes1 View Post
I am actually the current owner of the Hercules that belonged to the person who started this thread. He mentioned the original builder, Louie Jiran, and I am not sure if he bought the boat from him or someone else. He renamed it Bobbin Bob. Another owner in Vermont named it Iris. I bought it from Pete Hall from Albany who named it The Dirty Tug and painted it all black.
I have been renovating it and replacing a lot of rotted wood and ground off all the many layers of paint and reprimed and painted with Awlgrip. Just recently took out all the leaking windows and replaced the rubber seals with frames and rebedded the glass.
Bought an old trailer after I got the boat and reworked it to hold the boat. Had a local marina pull with their forklift and put on the trailer and now it sits in my yard where I can work on it.
If anyone has any info on the history of L's Belle, Iris, Bobbin Bob, The Dirty Tug, and now, Farside, drop me a line!
I don't know if you are still active here, but I am the original poster, Bob. The boat was named BOBBIN ALONG, not Bobbin Bob. Louie was the original builder and I was the second owner. Awesome little boat and amazed how far it has traveled since I sold it and it cruised up from Savannah to I think Maryland with the new owner. It has been back and forth and as far as the keys from what I can tell.
Bob Clinkenbeard 1 is offline   Reply With Quote