Sliding door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Surfer71

I have a 1984 mainship 40 double cabin. The door on the Port side is not opening. The roller on the bottom of the door is rusted and shot. I know that on a patio door you just lift it up and it comes out. Not having any luck. Does anyone have any info on how this door is removed?

I have a 1984 mainship 40 double cabin. The door on the Port side is not opening. The roller on the bottom of the door is rusted and shot. I know that on a patio door you just lift it up and it comes out. Not having any luck. Does anyone have any info on how this door is removed?

Did you find a solution? I’ve got to do that on both sides.

I would look to see if there are filled screw holes on the outside of the bottom track. Not at my boat now so no pics, but my boat has the bottom track with a wood vertical lip to hold the door in. It's held in place with screws. Once this lip is removed the door is lifted over the metal track like a patio door.

Sometimes there's a flexible filler ABOVE the sliding door, and taking that out gives room to lift the door/trucks over the bottom track.

If present, usually it'll be held up with a couple screws you can reach by moving the door from one side to the other. Once loose, it should slide out from the "open door" direction I think.

-Chris

I would look to see if there are filled screw holes on the outside of the bottom track. Not at my boat now so no pics, but my boat has the bottom track with a wood vertical lip to hold the door in. It's held in place with screws. Once this lip is removed the door is lifted over the metal track like a patio door.

Got the metal track off, door came out. Thanks—splashed today!

Sometimes there's a flexible filler ABOVE the sliding door, and taking that out gives room to lift the door/trucks over the bottom track.

If present, usually it'll be held up with a couple screws you can reach by moving the door from one side to the other. Once loose, it should slide out from the "open door" direction I think.

-Chris

Figured a strategy, got it out. Now to find the right rollers!
In the water today ??

Back
Top Bottom