• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

WILLY is for Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
Manufactured by Willard Marine.
1974 Nomad 30
$30k
At LaConnor Wa.
For sale by owner Eric Henning phone 360 202 8815
e-mail .. manyboats1@gmail.com
LOA 30' Beam 10'6" Draft 3'6"

Engine by Klassen. Base engine mfg. by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Model S4L2 4 cyl. 107 cu. in. Same bore and stroke as the Perkins it replaced.
Pre-chamber type combustion chamber. Starts more dependably, is smoother and a bit quieter. Industrially rated for 37hp at 3000rpm.
Cruises at 2300rpm and 6.15 knots and burns 1gph.
FW Cooled w heat exchanger remotely installed on bulkhead.
There is no aluminum in contact w the coolant so green AF is used.
Always used Chevron Delo 30W diesel lube oil.
Has a special alloy steel similar to copper nickel alloys. Very durable.
Seawater pump is not in the engine. It's belt driven w very little tension. Pump is a Jabsco brand Bronze pump. Impellers are available in most all hardware stores and auto part stores in SE Alaska.
Exhaust manifold is equipped w a Murphy Switch that measures coolant level and sounds an alarm if lower than usual but before coolant temp would rise.
Manual built-in lube oil pump for easy hot oil changes.
BW gear w 2.57-1 ratio. 18" Michigan bronze "MP" prop. The blades are symmetrical, run smoother and have much more reverse thrust.
The 1.25" shaft and prop are "newish".
Exhaust "elbow" is a SS high rise affair w a FG lift muffler. 135amp Ait. New batt selected switch. Raycor Primary fuel filter w spin-on secondary filter.
Re-designed fuel manifold double hose clamped w Sure Marine hose clamps. Boat has an AGM start batt along w the house batts.

Very heavy hydraulic steering. Bronze rudder. 13 gal. approx holding tank.
Newish seawater intake valve "Kingston Valve".

When I set this boat up I wanted a to be able to start in winter anywhere in SE Alaska. So my "must have" starting system was the glow-plug type. It works perfectly.

One of the big plusses on this boat is the new aluminum fuel tanks fabricated and installed along w the new engine. I was looking for a minimum of suppresses in SE Alaska.

House batts are "Full River" brand. HIGHLY recommended as they have lasted 15 years and show no signs of weakness if not spending multiple nights at anchor. I have been in the habit of disconnecting a start batt cable. Interesting tho that then the electric Rairitan head won't function then.

Large (three day) ice box. Mostly LED lighting. Wabasto furnace w thermostat.
Force 10 propane stove w three burners and tank on roof. Cigarette lighters to run i-pads ect. Electric windshield fan .. no wipers.

Electronics:
JRC basic unit that has always given good service. Ust'a track float planes in and out of Ketchikan. For practice.
GPS is Garmin. Now dated but works fine. I spent umpteen hours on it plotting alt courses and looking for anchorages. odd way of planing many will think but it worked for me.
Sounders: One high end RayMarine digital and the other a cheap fish finder that came w the boat.I was going to tossed it but found it VERY useful in anchorages scouting the bottom. And a marine radio that also came w the boat.
Compass is very good. The best I've ever used. Willard got it right.

Ground tackle is my own preference and few will probably retain. U've never dragged after setting but if I had it to do over I'd get a winch w a gypsy and more chain. A 33lb Lewmar Claw and some of my experimental anchors come w the deal and I have another option.

Attachments

• _MG_3289 copy.jpg
    _MG_3289 copy.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1669837_833833016633264_686917341_o copy.jpg
    1669837_833833016633264_686917341_o copy.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 101
  • a29412297849tg7fD-XL.jpg
    a29412297849tg7fD-XL.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 104
  • all to 12-15-09 396 copy 4.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 396 copy 4.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 106
  • all to 12-15-09 421 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 421 copy.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 104
  • all to 12-15-09 424 copy 6.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 424 copy 6.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 107
  • all to 12-15-09 426 copy 2.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 426 copy 2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 101
  • all to 12-15-09 427 copy 2.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 427 copy 2.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 103
  • CIMG0407 copy 2.jpg
    CIMG0407 copy 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 104
  • CIMG0408 copy.jpg
    CIMG0408 copy.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 104
More pics

Attachments

• DSCF0488 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0488 copy 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0363 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF0363 copy 3.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0519 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF0519 copy 3.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF0623 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF0623 copy 3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF0694 copy.jpg
    DSCF0694 copy.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF1097 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1097 copy 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF1098 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF1098 copy 3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF1587 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF1587 copy 3.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1602 copy.jpg
    DSCF1602 copy.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF1610 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1610 copy 2.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 73
More pics

Attachments

• DSCF1611 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1611 copy 2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF1632 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1632 copy 2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF1645 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1645 copy 2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF1648 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1648 copy 2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1670 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1670 copy 2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF1671 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1671 copy 2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1676 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1676 copy 2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF1677 copy.jpg
    DSCF1677 copy.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF2141 copy.jpg
    DSCF2141 copy.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF2144 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF2144 copy 3.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 68
More pics

Attachments

• STH71273 copy 3.jpg
    STH71273 copy 3.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 67
  • STH71433 copy.jpg
    STH71433 copy.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 70
  • STH71438 copy.jpg
    STH71438 copy.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 76
  • STH71441 copy 2.jpg
    STH71441 copy 2.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF2620 copy.jpg
    DSCF2620 copy.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 71
  • STH71563 copy 5.jpg
    STH71563 copy 5.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 91
  • STH71590 copy 2.jpg
    STH71590 copy 2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 70
  • STH71765 copy 2.jpg
    STH71765 copy 2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Thorne Bay Visitors Jan 2009 003 copy.jpg
    Thorne Bay Visitors Jan 2009 003 copy.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 80
  • willard 015 copy.jpg
    willard 015 copy.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 73
[Mod Edit] Deleted Discussion in Classifieds

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have questions about the pictures refer to the post # and the number 1-10 top to bottom.
The last picture (3-30) should have been the first as it was our first look at Willy. Sorry

My phone isn’t working .. again.
I’ll get it fixed tomorrow .. I hope.
Or I’ll submit an alternative #.

John P,
Old age .. balance, strength ect.
I'll still have too much fun w cars and small boats.

Last edited:
More picsDSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2107.jpg

DSCF2108 copy.jpg

DSCF2109 copy 2.jpg

DSCF2110 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Willy the the boat is on hold for an Alaska potential buyer. They are flying down Wednesday. So on Thursday (late) or Friday I'll be sending messages to all that have called or have sent e-mails as to sold or not.

In case the phone goes south again an alt # is 360 420 4951. It's a house phone so msg during the day or 7-8pm calls best.
Also be informed that re the pictures they were taken over a 15yr period of time. Few were taken 5-8yrs ago. Most were taken earlier. Ask if you'd like to know about a specific picture.

Last edited:
I’ve always love these boats let me know if the deal falls through , I’m halfway through the projects on my current boat, it might be hard to turn your boat down ,I’ve always loved the Willard, If you’re ever come down to Ocean Park or the Long Beach Peninsula would love to buy you dinner and talk to you about your experiences in Southeast Alaska, I’ve been pretty much everywhere on my boat but for one reason or the other southeast Alaska never happen , one of my biggest regrets give me a call if the deal falls through I’ll come down that day and look at your boat ,or if you’re ever in my neck of the woods come by and I’ll buy you dinner Dan 360-244-9170

Best of luck with the sale! I hope she goes to a good home. I've always admired Willy.

screw the boat...are YOU ok ? Is something wrong....this seems like a drastic change of plans. I do not want to pry into your personal life....but I also do not want to let the chance to help a fellow traveller pass without giving everyone a chance to pitch in.....so.....are you OK ?......is your family OK ?.....and is there anything we can do to help ?

So gracious of you Benthic2.
I’m really not on a positive high right now. Just too much on my plate. The guy from Alaska just bailed on Willy. That isn’t a positive to be sure but the relief from those responsibilities even for a day or two seems a blessing. Others have called so I have people to follow up on but I’m of a mind to take a day or two off. Smile …
So yea I’m OK mate. Thanks for check’in.
Eric

Best of luck with the sale! I hope she goes to a good home. I've always admired Willy.

Thanks Wayfarer I’m of the same mind. I’ve gone to great lengths (even so far as to scuttle a sale) on car sales. With no feelings of remorse. Now it’s time to give Willy the same care.

Deposit made today on Willy.
I made another bad landing and didn’t suffer.
VERY nice couple seemed thrilled w the boat. So (after closing) the transition begins.

I told them about TF and they don’t plan on changing her name. So you may be seeing her on TF … w different avatar.

Time for me to let go.

Pleased for you Eric - clearly that time had come. The money will come in handy - ask me how I know..? :)

Always been my favorite boat on the Forum. Kinda shocked that such a platform of consistency will be changing in your life, and thus, ours. I hate it, and it makes me worry about how much longer I might last. Good luck with the buyers. I bet they’re really exited.

Eric - Just ran across this thread. Are you sure now is the time?? I'm sorry to see you are selling Willy.

You going to stay "on board" in TF... I surely hope!

It has been a great decade of back and forth learning as well as spirited banter between us. I hope things are OK and stay well for you and yours. Will miss your often knowledgeable, some times witty and at times sarcastic posts. You are a "first class act"!

Perhaps you will acquire another boat to keep "your feet in the water" - so to say?

Best luck in all your do and during whatever turns you may encounter. :thumb:

Your Fellow Boater - Art :D

Did you just call me everything in the book Art?

I’m actually only interested in anchors, boat design, propulsion and cruising.
But also members … as in all the characters here .. there are many.

Oh yes I’ll be here but differently. I’ve often come on line looking for a post to respond to. Went for many years like that and was occasionally shocked to discover there was nothing I was interested in.
But I’m no longer in that mode. I’ll scan, browse and post maybe. But so so many things have been worked over .. some many times. But sometimes the workovers are better than the lead post. Not much really new here so there’s not the chance to reveal great stuff. So I suppose I’m say’in from here on I think my presence here will be more “casual”.

But the old days before 2010 are gone …. and a great ride it was. Hello Marin wherever you are. All things evolve. My favorite word .. evolution.

Greetings,
Mr. NW. "I’m actually only interested in...boat design...". Hence the seeming fascination with "buttocks".

iu

Ya. Stick around.

HaHa …
The buttocks is where it’s at.
And the buttock angle opens and closes the doors to many aspects of boat performance. Nothing much happens at the bow. It’s all in the stern.
Thanks for following along.

Willy has been sold to local sailboaters.
Told them about the forum.

That's very sad, Eric, but I'm happy for you at the same time. What's your next adventure going to be?

That's very sad, Eric, but I'm happy for you at the same time. What's your next adventure going to be?

Mako,
Re-arange and up-grade my car barn, put some money in our portfolio, do some repairs on our little motor home and take a few winter trips up on Vancouver Is. We’ve done that before. Perhaps I’ll get my 18’ OB up, licensed, trailer and all and take a few rides in weather windows.
Got my eye on some Golf R’s and GTI’s.
This winter is predicted to be very wet here and maybe a lot of snow. Think I’ll get the aux-gen out and get it in ready status. Gonn’a get some wood pellets tomorrow. We have above average tree falls due to snow and it can last for days.

Sailor of Fortune,
I really like “small in a big way” Thank you sir

Mako,
Re-arange and up-grade my car barn, put some money in our portfolio, do some repairs on our little motor home and take a few winter trips up on Vancouver Is. We’ve done that before. Perhaps I’ll get my 18’ OB up, licensed, trailer and all and take a few rides in weather windows.
Got my eye on some Golf R’s and GTI’s.
This winter is predicted to be very wet here and maybe a lot of snow. Think I’ll get the aux-gen out and get it in ready status. Gonn’a get some wood pellets tomorrow. We have above average tree falls due to snow and it can last for days.

Sounds like a good plan to me! And maybe some of those other toys will take you to visit other TFers for some boat rides.

Willy and William were really nice small boats on here.. Not sure if William ahs been rehomed yet but a cool smallboat as well..

Eric

You are one of a kind... a class act for sure. Don't become a stranger to TF if possible. Congrats on "Willy" sale. Good luck and much fun in your future doings. Been a great decade reading your varying levels of interesting posts.

Happy Daze! - Art :speed boat: :thumb:

Hi Eric:

You are still our Eric.

I hope not needing to maintain a deisel boat makes your life a little easier. :dance:

Thank you for being you.

With great fondness,
Mrs. Pea Trombley

Eric, I hope all goes well,and that you stay with TF to give the benefit of your experience.
It`s a mark of your standing TF chose not to shut down extensive chat in a "For Sale" advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom