Alternator Hack!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diverrob

Vessel Name
Sounder
Vessel Make
Mainship 34T
Saw this in a FB group and thought it was worth sharing as I have recently had to make modifications to my alternator bracket so I could use a slightly larger belt. If I had thought or knew about this I would have given it a try, it’s so simple.

Rob

Attachments

• 12845945-66AB-499A-B4E1-190549B634FB.jpg
    12845945-66AB-499A-B4E1-190549B634FB.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 82
Saw this in a FB group and thought it was worth sharing as I have recently had to make modifications to my alternator bracket so I could use a slightly larger belt. If I had thought or knew about this I would have given it a try, it’s so simple.

Rob

I like!!

Greetings,
Mr. D. I first saw that hack in one of Mr. OC Diver's posts about 3? years ago. He was in the midst of a restoration/upgrade of Slow Hand. I subsequently stole it for my own use. NICE one, Mr. OC. Thanks.

Here's something really pathetic. I think I recognize that motor as a Volvo B18 or B20 from their cars circa early 60's through to mid 70s. I really need to get a life...

Ive been using that setup for my 150amp alts for 16 years. Works great!

THIS kind of post is one of the major reasons I hang around here. THANKS!!!!

Whoa, what a terrific idea! No need for a bracket at all and the turn buckle doubles as a belt tensioner. Plus, there is a ton of adjusting latitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom