Dated Loop Charts and References...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Osprey69

Vessel Name
Rogue
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 49 MY
Purchasing (yup still trying close) boat and found a duffle of Corp of Engineers Chart books et al for The Loop and assorted cruising guides. All circa 2000 (+) (-).

Interesting historical read and would love them to find and new home. Or keep them as preliminary reference for when we start planning out loop adventures?
However, given all the up-to-date on-line resources seems a waste of time to refer to them at all.

I just hate throwing cool stuff like this out.

Donate to a maratime museum?

I have a similar stack from when my dad did the loop on the boat in my avatar, around 1988-ish. Hate to chuck it all, but in this day and age it’s no longer any sort of useful.

I'll take them for the cost of postage.

Cool. Sent PM.

"Hate to chuck it all, but in this day and age it’s no longer any sort of useful."

Depends on the updates. I have run most of the AICW with 20-30 year old charts.

The landmarks don't change the dangers don't change all that changes is there are far more markers spaced closer together .

Pretty easy to put a line thru the position marker number and pencil in a new number.

We travel at a lazy 6 1/4 K (bridges willing) which works out at 60-70 statute ICW miles per day , and have all the past anchorages marked for the long and short days.

Have the Loop charts , 10+ years old free , just PM in the fall, and expect to pay for postage.

Or stop by if transiting lake O. to the other coast.

Last edited:
Given FF's comments I reached out to the Corp of Engineers and inquired as to how many updates were made to these chart books since 2000.

With the hour I received a reply (very impressive) and apparently there were only two updates - 2003 and 2013. He also gave me the link to download PDFs of these charts without charge: ienccloud.us.

Interesting side note. The chart book that cost $8 in 2000 is now $96.

Catalina, I think I may keep these then. Thanks for the offer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom