Old 09-10-2021, 10:24 PM   #37
Helmsman
Guru

City: Chattanooga
Vessel Name: Mishy Jean
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawler 38E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Snider View Post
We heard from Scott Helker that your hull and deck are in the molds and will be removed by the end of next week. He expects ours will start by the end of the month.

We elected to go with the standard engine which is also the standard engine for the 43. We opted for a generator set, solar panels and a full bank of batteries. We also selected a pipe hoist, cockpit side doors and a gunwale door at the starboard pilot house door.

We went with an all electric galley and hydronic heating. We’re thinking about adding a Reverso oil change system. We visited a 38E that just returned from Alaska that had one installed. The owner highly recommended it.

We went for a radar arch, mostly because it frees up deck space and makes enclosing the fly bridge more straight forward. We’re going with a Bimini top for now with the idea that we could adapt it to a full enclosure. Our plan is to stow our Hobie pedal kayaks on the boat deck and carry the dinghy on swim step davits. We’ll use the hoist to raise and lower the kayaks and our bikes.

We requested a list of systems and appliances so we could start looking at online manuals. Kinani from Helmsman immediately sent us a great list of all the components with links to the relevant online documents.

We’re also getting close to settling on a name.
We decided against the Reverso. Most who have it like the convenience and I can’t blame them. I have a pump and container I use to change fluids and didn’t feel the need for it. Yes, mine is underway and has been for about three weeks. Thanks for the tip on the list of systems and appliances. That is a good idea that I will request from Kinani also.

Our flybridge on the previous boat was fully enclosed, but with the inside helm, I have decided not to do that. We plan to use the upper deck for get togethers and will put the dinghy on the swim platform.
Helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote