Hello from Madrid - Considering Nordhavn N51

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milestogo

Helllo,

I've been reading the forum for some time but as I'm closer to making my dream come true, I thought it would be a good time to join the conversation.

I'm considering a new Nordhavn N51 (or possibly an N475). I'll be flying to Ft Lauderdale in October to view the N41 and speak to Nordhavn but I am new to the process. The plan is to take delivery in Turkey and sail up to Sochi Russia to spend a year or so learning and local cruising before going off to explore the world. I'm fortunate enough to have a good friend who is an experienced Russian captain living in Sochi who will sail with me and who I can learn from (he's done Turkey to Russia deliveries in the past). I only have experience coastal boating in the 30 foot range. I am an experimental aircraft builder and pilot so I know mechanics, weather, and risk management however which is a start.

I'm not sure the best way to get started in my initial fact finding and purchase process. I contacted Nordhavn but at least through email, they haven't responded. Does anyone here have a good contact at Nordhavn I could begin the journey with? I suppose I could just start calling numbers but a recommendation here would be nice first. Thanks in advance!

You might want to talk to the the people at Yacht Tech in Palm Beach Gardens, who specialize in selling and servicing Nordhavn’s. PM me, and I will give you Paul Pelletier’s number there.
Best,
Maldwin

Welcome aboard. Have fun looking for your new boat.

You might want to talk to the the people at Yacht Tech in Palm Beach Gardens, who specialize in selling and servicing Nordhavn’s. PM me, and I will give you Paul Pelletier’s number there.
Best,
Maldwin

Thanks, I may visit Paul then while I'm there. Just after I wrote this, Nordhavn contacted me from both Europe and the US. Maybe they read Trawler Forum :) I'm headed out to Florida in October for the boat show. Am a US citizen but haven't been to the US in years.

Welcome aboard and good luck with the decision making process! So many choices...

Helllo,

I've been reading the forum for some time but as I'm closer to making my dream come true, I thought it would be a good time to join the conversation.

I'm considering a new Nordhavn N51 (or possibly an N475). I'll be flying to Ft Lauderdale in October to view the N41 and speak to Nordhavn but I am new to the process. The plan is to take delivery in Turkey and sail up to Sochi Russia to spend a year or so learning and local cruising before going off to explore the world. I'm fortunate enough to have a good friend who is an experienced Russian captain living in Sochi who will sail with me and who I can learn from (he's done Turkey to Russia deliveries in the past). I only have experience coastal boating in the 30 foot range. I am an experimental aircraft builder and pilot so I know mechanics, weather, and risk management however which is a start.

I'm not sure the best way to get started in my initial fact finding and purchase process. I contacted Nordhavn but at least through email, they haven't responded. Does anyone here have a good contact at Nordhavn I could begin the journey with? I suppose I could just start calling numbers but a recommendation here would be nice first. Thanks in advance!

Dear friend, N41 and N51 are produced in Turkey..You can check both in Istarbul.

Dear friend, N41 and N51 are produced in Turkey..You can check both in Istarbul.

By coincidence I was in Istanbul two days ago for other reasons but all I would have seen see there is an empty mold on the N51. I'm planning on being in Ft Lauderdale in October to see the N41. I spoke with their European rep and set everything up.

Good. Just an advice. The boat's electrical and the other system should be in EU standarts. If you know another solution for this problem, I would be happy to hear. There are some model N40 in market but I cant decide because of this problem. If any N40 or N3 model for sale in EU market I can consider very serious. Thank you.

Good. Just an advice. The boat's electrical and the other system should be in EU standarts. If you know another solution for this problem, I would be happy to hear.

I see this as an advantage, not a problem. 230v/50hz is far superior to the American standard, appliances are more efficient, etc., plus you said you'll be sailing worldwide. Go European for sure.

I see this as an advantage, not a problem. 230v/50hz is far superior to the American standard, appliances are more efficient, etc., plus you said you'll be sailing worldwide. Go European for sure.

Dear Mako I did not said I will sailing worlwide..Milestogo said he want to bring the boat to Sochi Russia..Actually I dont know what he need there but must be 220v 50 HZ..I have just heard USA standart boat have problem in MED but of course those who made this kind of trips know best. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom