New member in Sitka, AK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oso

Greetings all! We retired in November of 2019,. We had sold everything that wouldn’t fit in our Sportsmobile, and headed west. It was great until COVID hit. .GOV started gating off public lands, and Canada shut the door. When the ferry reopened, we headed to Sitka to winter before heading north for the summer. We loved Sitka and decided to stay here for a while, so we sold the Sportsmobile, and bought a 22” Bayliner.. After seeing many boats and talking to quite a few people living aboard, we’ve decided that’s what we want to do. We have an apartment on the harbor,, and some of the most beautiful cruising waters anywhere to gain experience for longer trips up and down the passage.. We’re going south in October to see the new granddaughter, and will be returning thru Washington in late December. We plan to buy a trawler in the 42-46” range, and bring it north in the spring, I’ve been doing a lot of research, and this forum is exactly what I’ve been looking for.. I’m open to ALL advice. Hopefully next summer we will be spending most of our time traveling SE AK.

Welcome to TF, and good luck in your boat search. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom