Sun glare shield at helm for Mainship 34 Pilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NautilusPJB

Where can I get an amber color plastic shield to reduce sun glare on electronics at the helm on my 2007 Mainship 34 Pilot? I've seen them on other Mainships. Helm has ss screws in pre-drilled holes ready for installing the sun glare shield. Thank you.

Are you referring to the curved item here on my MS 30 Pilot II? If so, I am unsure who made it, or if a 30 Pilot II console is the same dimensions as yours. With Mainship now out of business and Marlowe who bought the name only claims to have zero information on Mainships built before that acquisition, you will have to rely on somebody here coming up with a manufacturer for you. failing that, maybe a pattern could be traced onto butcher paper from an existing shield, but bending it properly would probably have to be done by a professional on board the boat.

Attachments

• May 2019.jpg
    May 2019.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
On my order, the roof of the forward cabin is straw-colored to reduce glare.

Attachments

• raccoon strait south.jpg
    raccoon strait south.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I handled glare off the forward cabin of my GB42 into the face of the person conning the vessel at the lower helm by placing limo tint on the lower half of the three forward facing windows. Glare does not seem to be an issue on my MS Pilot with its off white diamond treaded forward cabin top. The light shield over the console's electronics pictured in post 2 above surely makes a big difference in the visibility of the screens.

Many larger towns and cities have a company that manufactures plastic items. If that photo in the second post is what you're looking for, I suggest printing it and taking it to a plastic manufacturer in your area and see if they can help.

At some point, of course, either you or the company will have to measure and make a pattern for your particular boat.

If there is a Mainship owners group on the Internet, join and post your question there.

Thanks to all who responded to my request for info on where to get a sun glare shield for instruments on my 2007 Mainship 34 Pilot. Looks like it will have to be custom made.
NautilusPJB.

Back
Top Bottom