View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #58
boomerang
Guru

City: Kilmarnock VA
Vessel Name: Wandering Star
Vessel Model: PSN40
I went to the boat again today to start reassembling the engine. I bolted the bellhousing & starter & reinstalled the oil cooler & filter assembly. The good thing was the painting I did to touch up the engine dried in like 30 seconds in today's sun & heat.

I worked all day yesterday on waxing the port side of the hull and it still looked like I used a Hershey bar for polish instead of wax. It was about a waste of time other than at least the gelcoat was sealed but there wasn't much of a pleasing shine. For the condition of the gelcoat on our boat, it really needs to be compounded and then waxed. The concept of polishing compound and wax in one step ,while sounding like a time-saving concept, it isn't at all ,in our case. The hull is going to a lot of elbow grease before it's acceptable. Attached is a small section done correctly by someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to boat finishes, which is NOT me!

I'm still waiting on the clutch to be gone through so I can reassemble that to the engine and then reinstall the engine in the boat. I'd really like to get that behind me but other than that, a coat of bottom paint is about all that's left to do.
Attached Thumbnails
102_0264.jpg   102_0266.jpg   102_0267.jpg