2004 Selene 36

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shunpiker

I have under contract the item described, name of “Tuffy”, located just north of Daytona. Two queries if I may:

1. What’s the bad news on 2004 Selene 36s as a breed?

2. Anybody have any history on “Tuffy”?

Survey 8/2/‘21. I would appreciate any knowledge, pro or con.

Thanks

Curious did you complete your purchase? The archer is on our list for next boat looks like comfortable layout for a couple

I have under contract the item described, name of “Tuffy”, located just north of Daytona. Two queries if I may:

1. What’s the bad news on 2004 Selene 36s as a breed?

2. Anybody have any history on “Tuffy”?

Survey 8/2/‘21. I would appreciate any knowledge, pro or con.

Thanks

Maybe try the Selene Owners Group?

Selene Owners Site &amp Forum

I joined the Facebook group yesterday does not seem to be much discussion their I will try the group appreciate the info.

Curious did you complete your purchase? The archer is on our list for next boat looks like comfortable layout for a couple

I did not, for reasons having nothing to do with the boat. She’s lovely. Someone will get a great boat.

When we were looking at boats in 2005 the Selene 36 intrigued us. So for a week we chartered one out of Anacortes. It easily accommodated two couples and a 9 year old. ER access was much better than the American or Nordic Tugs of similar size.

Our primary complaint was rudder control seemed laborious and doggy. Following seas were not fun as a result. A previous charter on a similar sized Nordic Tug did not exhibit this issue. Possibly the stretched Selene 36 to a 40 footer improved things - my guess is yes.

Last edited:
That is great feedback guess it really does pay to charter first. Like allot of folks we currently own a sailboat and hoping to transition into power. Looking at all options the Archers layout and overall design is appealing. But I have looked online at the stretched 40 and seems a better design. I was just watching video of the 53 for sale in Wickford RI that I could find myself living aboard just need to sell everything I own which is not the worst idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom