Grand Banks 32 Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have caught my interest with that. The GB 32 was always one of my favorite boats but I, too, took it off the list (I think) due to no helm door and often being single-handed. (Why couldn't they just have put a skinny/short door!).

But I didn't know you could easily add another helm with the "chain" (or whatever you officially call that) steering (chains run around the side and then go up to helms). I know you can't speak to specific details necessarily, but is it in general easily doable with that type of system?

That would be very interesting.

Or, now that I think about it, are you envisioning a jog lever on an autopilot for steering? I had thought of that, and liked the idea, but then saw a number of people saying it wasn't quick/good enough for docking (I don't have any more detail than that). I'd be happy to find out differently (I seem to always like various sedan cruisers with no helm door :eek:)
easier to add another station if hydraulic steerin but not much harder with chain/sprocket setup. Throttle and gear shift are simple. If you have a bow thruster, easy to add another toggle on "outside station" Whether elec or hydraulic. GB 32 is a nice size boat and worthy of exploring this option

easier to add another station if hydraulic steerin but not much harder with chain/sprocket setup. Throttle and gear shift are simple. If you have a bow thruster, easy to add another toggle on "outside station" Whether elec or hydraulic. GB 32 is a nice size boat and worthy of exploring this option

You have caught my interest too. I am a single handed sailor, and have written off a lot of boats I otherwise like because of the lack of deck access for docking from the helm station. By the time you have added that third helm station doesn't friction start to become an issue? When you want to change throttle setting or shift gears you are now pushing on three sets of cables and two other shift mechanisms. I would love to hear from someone who has done this about how happy they are with the result.

If it is easily doable it would put some boats like the Prairie 300 and Mainship 34 back on my shopping list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom