Just Joined...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LongMistyDays

Vessel Name
Pacific Dream
Vessel Make
CHB Heritage 38
Hi All,

New to the forum and new to trawlers. Long time sailor who has finally moved over to the 'dark side' but here's the thing: I love it!!! Sailed for many many years, but age and mobility have had my wife and I 'talking trawler' for quite a while now. Then a boat that 'ticked all our boxes' came up in our marina and we now own a CHB Heritage 38. Not sure where these boats 'place' in the pecking order and pedigree of trawlers, but this particular vessel has been very well cared for and maintained, and we are hoping to continue our Pacific Northwest cruising lives for some time now. Typically, do these boats have hydraulic or mechanical (cable) steering?? It does not have an autohelm and in searching this site, there are options for both. Ours is a single engine (Ford Lehman) diesel and a 1985 model. Any help, suggestions or advice muchly appreciated.
Chris.

Thanks RTF. Looking forward to meeting the membership and doing a lot of learning, as I delve into what makes a trawler 'tick'. Appreciate the welcome nod. Chris.

Welcome to TF. Enjoy the trip you have embarked upon. :flowers:

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Lehmans are great engines. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom