Hello From OHIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hutch9900

Veteran Member
Hi everyone! My name is John and I just purchased a 1982 Marine Trader 34 DC. We are super happy with the boat so far and cannot wait to absorb some of the knowledge in this community. We have owned two other boats, both I/O (one a cuddy and the other PC). I have never owned a diesel before.

Hello and welcome. Is the engine a Ford-Lehman 120? Lots of knowledge here on those.

Thank you! Sure is a 120 FL. I have been reading a lot so far. Hopefully mine is as reliable as I am reading :)

Hi everyone! My name is John and I just purchased a 1982 Marine Trader 34 DC. We are super happy with the boat so far and cannot wait to absorb some of the knowledge in this community. We have owned two other boats, both I/O (one a cuddy and the other PC). I have never owned a diesel before.

Welcome sir! absorb the threads and ask questions

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

I loved my Lehmans, and ran them with few issues for many years, just as many others have. The Borg-Warner transmissions usually attached are pretty robust, but the is a "drop center" version which can be nearly impossible to find parts to repair them. I would join boatdiesel.com if I were you and sign up for the Ford-Lehman sub-forum there where you can search through the archived threads to learn all about your engine. There are also tons of posts here on the engine and tranny.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I appreciate the other diesel forum and I will definitely check it out. I started another thread as my FL120 wants to die after a couple of minutes running at WOT. At about 1800rpm there are no issues. Any thoughts? Again, I will check out the other diesel forum you mentioned. Thanks again!

Oh I also should note the transmission is a velvet. Does that sound right?

Yup, Borg-Warner Velvet Drive

I loved my Lehmans, and ran them with few issues for many years, just as many others have. The Borg-Warner transmissions usually attached are pretty robust, but the is a "drop center" version which can be nearly impossible to find parts to There are also tons of posts here on the engine and tranny.

Can you tell me what you mean by "drop center" and how I might be able to tell if that is what I have?

Hi John! Where in Ohio do you boat? I am up at Lake Erie on Catawba Island!

I'm also on Catawba Island. From Worthington but love going up there on the weekends.

I'm also on Catawba Island. From Worthington but love going up there on the weekends.
We are at Catawba Landing dock 170. Did not get to go up this weekend, Was loading the car and discovered a flat tire...so had to get that taken care of today.....
So have to look forward to next week. We used to live in Dublin, but now live out in the country in Marengo.

Back
Top Bottom