Un-ignore forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm....I've ignored a forum by accident (don't ask me) and see no way to undo this action. In searching, I see a poster referring to an "ignore manager" function in the UserCP but all I see is a choice for "edit ignore list" which only seems to pertain to ignored users, not threads or forums? A little help :peace:

As I understand it, you just need to add a comment to be reconnected to the form.

How do you do that, if you can't view or navigate to the particular forum?

Someone else told me that there is a selection in the Forum Tools drop down inside the forum you ignored, to "un-ignore forum", but again, if you can't navigate to it because it is no longer in your menu, no longer appearing in searches or new posts, then how are you supposed to access its forum tools? :lol:

Okay.
Upper left, click on User CP, top of page in the magenta.
Use the drop down menu until you see, edit forum, add the name, save and we can only hope I am correct.

Last edited:
Have you PM'd your favorite Mod and asked?

Have you clicked on Forum at top beside Home which displays all the folders?

Okay.
Upper right, click on User CP, top of page in the magenta.
Use the drop down menu until you see, "edit ignore list"
Do you see it differently, my User CP is on the left.
TF Forum page.jpg

Try, User CP
drop down menu to subscribed threads
edit folders
add folder name, save and that just might work

“Edit ignore list” only shows users that you have ignored, not the threads or individual forums within the main TF that you have ignored.

And once you have ignored a forum, it is no longer visible to you in the forum menu, or in the new posts search. It is as if it no longer exists, in your view.

I did find a workaround by doing a search for a particular keyword that would likely show up in the forum I “lost” and that finally took me to it, and then I was able to go to that forum’s “forum tools” and un-ignore it, but I think this issue is something that might need to be redesigned by one of the admins.

“Edit ignore list” only shows users that you have ignored, not the threads or individual forums within the main TF that you have ignored.

And once you have ignored a forum, it is no longer visible to you in the forum menu, or in the new posts search. It is as if it no longer exists, in your view.

I did find a workaround by doing a search for a particular keyword that would likely show up in the forum I “lost” and that finally took me to it, and then I was able to go to that forum’s “forum tools” and un-ignore it, but I think this issue is something that might need to be redesigned by one of the admins.

Good!!

Good that you found a workaround. The mods are aware, and looking into it. :)

I did that once as well. I had to go into my "trash" bin in Firefox, find an old daily update of the thread, and enter it that way. . . .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom