Rudder packing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,

All of this is very helpful. We have a new to us 2001 Europa 52 with a similar situation on the starboard rudder post. I'm going to email Nazri who has been extremely helpful in the past and ask for his assistance. I'll let you know what I find out.

Jim

Hi all,

I emailed Nazri and here's what I received back from his email. It was a auto response:Hi, The Malaysia government has declared an LOCKDOWN/MCO since 1st June and don't know when this lockdown will be end.
GB factory will not operate during this peroid.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards
Nazri

So, we wait for now.

Jim

Hi all,

I emailed Nazri and here's what I received back from his email. It was a auto response:Hi, The Malaysia government has declared an LOCKDOWN/MCO since 1st June and don't know when this lockdown will be end.
GB factory will not operate during this peroid.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards
Nazri

So, we wait for now.

Jim

and no one is there to answer the phones?

I also emailed Mohidin in Malaysia and here's his response:

My apologies for the delay in replying. We are closed due to the lockdown in Malaysia.
Due to the vintage of your boat, we could not find the relevant drawing of the rudder tube and rudder shelf. Typically, the o-ring would be above the rudder shelf, therefore the leak which is under the rudder shelf does not seem to be connected to the o-ring.

I hope that the above helps to shed some light.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,

MOHIDIN PITCHAI ROWTHER | PRODUCTION MANAGER

So my next steps are to take the results of this forum along with the emails from Malaysia and contract the Grand Banks facility near Stuart, FL and will see what they can come up with.

Jim

Can you please forward the email contact for GB Malaysia? I have water tank questions.

MOHIDIN PITCHAI ROWTHER | PRODUCTION MANAGE

grandbanks.com

palmbeachmotoryachts.com

488 Jalan Suasa
Pasir Gudang, Johor 81707
Malaysia

m: +65-9155-3985 or +60-14-612-5706
o: +60-7-251-7488
e: mohidin_s@grandbanks.com

Back
Top Bottom