Kemah Boardwalk Moorage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCNeely

Vessel Name
Rhapsody
Vessel Make
1986 Present Yachts 38 Sundeck MY
We were cruising past the Boardwalk this past weekend and I noticed a couple of boats tied up to the east side bulkhead of the Boardwalk Marina access channel. It appeared as if the occupants "parked" and went in to enjoy the Boardwalk for awhile, would return later and head back out on the ater.

I could see quite a few cleats attached along the length of the bulkhead and a series of signs below the cleats. I was in the Clear Creek Channel, so the signs were a little too far away to read.

Does anyone know if Boardwalk management allows short-term tie-ups at that location? Seems like a nice way to visit the Boardwalk, especially with the current highway construction.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

I think they have a fence-up along most of the Clear Creek Channel side that would make it difficult to get on/off your boat, but I often see boats tied-up around the corner along the entrance to the marina.

Also, make sure you don't dock someplace that was in the way of the Fantasy or the Beast!

Thanks for the response.

I think you confirmed my suspicions. In case I'm wrong, I'll make sure my phone number is visible through a window.

Rick

I'd call the marina office and confirm with them before tying my boat up and leaving, even for a short time. Their marina staff are sticklers.

Well Toocoys,

I took your advice and called Boardwalk Marina. They do allow boats to tie up along the access channel between the Marina and Clear Creek Channel along the north bulkhead (looks like there are plenty of cleats).

You can leave your boat there as long as the Boardwalk is open (10pm), but no overnight stays.

We park our boat at South Shore, so a trip to the Boardwalk will be a nice day outing.

Take care.

That’s good to know.

If I recall correctly they used to not allow it, but that’s when the parking lot was there and they had the “water taxi” crossing the channel.

The lady I spoke to didn't hesitate for a moment to say it would be fine. I guess I'll take her for her word. [emoji57]

Yes you are correct. They didn't use to allow that. We had 2 sailboats we moored at Portofino Harbor and it was never allowed when we were there

I'm not sure I'd want to tie up there anyway. The current can be strong and there's lots of yahoos with money for boats but no sense. I've seen many a boat damaged by the dummies with boats and no boat handling skills.

Back
Top Bottom