Trawler Flip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't answer the OP question, but a cruise at 22 MPH, what kind of fuel burn??

high fuel burn

I would bet its about 30-40 gallons/hr at 22 mph. I wouldn't run that speed very far, but nice to have for short runs when in a hurry.

Great looking boat, but only 195 hrs on the engines. Probably not enough for a 13 year old boat. I'd be sure to get a good engine surveyor that knows what to look for on engines that are not run often enough.

I do, at least 6 months ago, seems like it was a little rough in spots back then.

A Sandy casualty? Its been on YW a long time.

I would pay maybe half of asking at best.... I have never heard great things about these North Sea versions and the older Albin Taiwan boats have been a real disappointment to me in construction...good thing is they can be had inexpensively.

The verbage in the YW description reads like a "sales pitch". IMO something is hidden. This statement stood out and should be verifiable " this boat was moved around to go to the shows, nice low hour boat without sitting too long that's not good when equipment sits we would not have bought her if that were the case." What broker writes in caps" NO PETTY SURVEYOR LIST WILL BE ADDRESSED ". I would proceed with caution remebering the large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

The verbage in the YW description reads like a "sales pitch". IMO something is hidden. This statement stood out and should be verifiable " this boat was moved around to go to the shows, nice low hour boat without sitting too long that's not good when equipment sits we would not have bought her if that were the case." What broker writes in caps" NO PETTY SURVEYOR LIST WILL BE ADDRESSED ". I would proceed with caution remebering the large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

I wouldn't bother in the first place. Too many red flags. Move on.

Don't recall seeing it before, but then I would have stopped reading at the Volvo power.

The breathless sounding ad narrative is indeed a red flag. Lots of hype from a broker (or "liquidator?) who apparently had a bad experience with a yacht surveyor. Tip: better get used to addressing surveyor's lists in this business.

Speaking of hype, not sure what I see in the Albin that is legitimately "North Sea cutter." That photo trying to compare this recreational yacht to an actual workboat in serious offshore conditions was frankly hilarious.

Yes, that last picture is laughable and has nothing to do with this boat. I also notice they said some of the pics are brochure pics. Looks nice but I wouldn't bother.

I agree with most replies re being put-off by the sales ad. However, for a newbie starting a boat search, one thing this boat brings out is the difficulty in assessing stained woodwork under windows and portholes. Hard to tell if its just on the surface, or if a hidden core is rotten. Several examples on this forum of major repair work in this area. It seems that many, if not most, boats over 15-20 years hold have this symptom to some degree.

NO PETTY SURVEYOR LIST WILL BE ADDRESSED
OK... I'm fairly new... but I always assumed the survey (house inspection) was for the buyer to know what they are getting into. I've never heard of a seller being REQUIRED to make repairs. Can't the seller simply say... "Nope... not going to fix that. Give the buyer their money back."?

The picture that is referred to in the ad is of a steel hull trawler, so yea, not the same boat.

What broker writes in caps" NO PETTY SURVEYOR LIST WILL BE ADDRESSED "

Broker must have read your thread comment because I couldn't find that verbiage in the ad.

I get tired of reading the usual cliches like "barn door size rudder" or "tracks like it's on rails" or "bulletproof engine." Perhaps I'll show up with my .458 Win-mag and then we'll see just how bullet proof that engine really is!

Would make a great Tik-Tok video :)

I agree that this was listed in 2019. I also agree that it referred to a steel boat. It had a long back story about being built for the builders themselves. And there were fabulous galley pictures. Then…

I saw that boat offered at ~$200K a year ago when we were looking for a trawler. It seemed overpriced then so we went for a 2006 MS 400 for less money instead.

HA!.. That's Charlie Abruzzo at Red Line Liquidators - he really is quite a piece of work. He actually has some good boats but he personally has a lot of rough edges that you kind of have to be a NYer or NJer to appreciate. Overall he is a good guy who gets some good boats but you really have to deal with his personality. He doesn't mind a survey but he pretty much prices boats as-is.
I'd definitely buy a boat from him again if he had what I wanted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom