View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 01:35 PM   #8
RonR
Guru

City: Everett WA.
Vessel Name: Triton
Vessel Model: 48' Golden Egg Harbor
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...sa-40-3829989/

While I have no Trawler knowledge I do enjoy looking at a nice Defever. The teak decks would keep me from buying this one myself. But if I was looking in this current market I would consider this boat as its under cover, and could come with a live aboard status, that is very difficult to find!
I also love a nice fiberglass Grand Banks or Tollycraft.

And form your own opinion on Bayliners, the 37/3888 and 47/4888 boats are not bad if you understand they are high production boats at a price point. Our dock has at least 8 of the 47 foot boats. Most owners will tell you they are good boats, the problems they do have are well documented along with the fixes. I would say for the most part the bayliner boats are out on the water more often then most of the other brands. Not sure if this is due to the bayliner owners are new to boating, or ?

For the price point of under 75k I would really want to go through all the systems before I ventured too far from port, be handy with the tools, and have spares and know how to swap them out. For the most part your looking at boats that are as old or older than you are.

Would you trust most 40-50 year old cars to get you from Seattle to San Fran problem free? I don't, but I can also fix most of the issues along the way.
RonR is offline   Reply With Quote