Good bye for awhile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Hippocampus
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
Hi all
Done with negotiations. Have signed accepted offer on the N40 that went RTW. Current owners had the refits done. Not Bristol but reasonably close. Surveys on Monday and Tuesday. Spit up the anchor.

Awesome! Hopefully all goes well and you get to start enjoying the new boat soon!

Good Luck ! The N40 is a nice rig.

Congratulations!

But wait, do you mean you are leaving TF now that you found a Nordhavn?

Great to hear, I'll bet you guys are pretty excited!
Florida is a good starting point, too. Keep us up on how it goes, please?

No just be preoccupied. Have stopped replying to some Covid threads already. Too much nonsense. Either end of day you accept you don’t know what you don’t know. Some folks think differently. So their thought processes are different. What’s gone on with Covid makes perfect sense given the shifting target and the underlying science and available tools. Still, caught in back and forth which would be avoided if basic scientific principles were accepted. Seems in many facets boils down to if you accept those principles or not. So will take( and have taken ) a break. Will read those threads but not respond unless some truly nonsensical and dangerous is posted.
Boat has been well maintained. Buying a boat at this time is torture compared with prior experiences. Florida isn’t my favorite place although people have been nice. World very distorted here mostly due to built up Covid and escalation of risks and desire to travel.
Nordhavn seems to be its own little world. It’s own select good surveyors. Seen that before with other brands but not to this degree. Personally don’t care about the brand name on a boat,car, or clothes. Just does it do it’s job. Hate paying for a name but boat hunting has taught me for our intended use with our budget it’s pay me now or pay me later so nordhavn makes sense.
Thanks for all the encouragement and support offered here. Ain’t over til the fat lady sings but looks like a done deal.

I hope the survey goes well. The N40 is a great boat and likely will do what you want.

Congrats on finding a boat. Hope the deal goes through smoothly.

This is still a good place to talk boats. I skip the covid threads since that just equals aggravation. I know you have expertise in the medical field and its nice of you to try to enlighten but with some its just banging your head against the wall.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the boat and seeing pics. You will be set to go anywhere in that boat so you will find out how you like doing passages in a straight line for a change. Have fun.

Goodbye? Why? I've enjoyed your input on a number of topics. Would hate to see you go just because you now have a boat! Sounds like the fat lady is warming up, so best of luck, git r done!

Last edited:
Hippo,
Congrats on the Nordie!!! I hope all goes well with surveys, and all of the 'other' things that go into buying a new to you boat.
We fully understand the need to "take a bit of break" from all of us on TF, but don't stay away too long, as you will be missed!!!!
Good luck, keep us informed, and please post some photos :)

Nordhavns have a great reputation!!!

Congrats on your new boat, hopefully. We just got our new boat home and it was a PITA to buy it. Never had so much trouble buying a boat. Good luck!

Wow, a Nordy 40….awesome vessel. Sorry to hear that you’ve overloaded with the Covid crap, but thanks for your input and hope the break leads to a more removed objectivity for us all, whatever that is.

Last edited:
Hippo, congrats on the new boat. You know the rules, we will need to see some photos for verification. It was good of you and the other MD’s on here to help on the COVID thread. We owe a lot to the medical community, especially over the past 16 months. Best.

Congrats on the new to you boat, the N40 is an awesome boat and your gonna be busy for awhile getting to know her. And the boat will take your mind off the Covid issue’s for the short term, it did wonders for us.
Cheers

Thanks for explaining a little bit more about the "good bye." I'm glad that at least at this point you're not leaving for good. Totally understand the Covid thread break, but so grateful you posted as much as you did. I was rather stressed -- at the beginning especially -- and the knowledge and tools you gave us really helped me to bring that stress level down. Very thankful.

I took at look (online) at what might be your N40. Gorgeous! What a peach of a cruiser that's going to be.

And man are you right about boat shopping now. It's torture! I've gone through several cycles of looking hard, hopeful, and then "oh man, forget it, I'll wait until next year." It's brutal. I'd totally wait if I were 35 or 40.

So extra congratulations to you for finding a wonderful boat at this point in time :flowers:

Glad you found the boat. It's been fun following along in your process.

Hippo - 21st Century requires multi tasking! You'll be posting again sooner that most think!!

Best luck procuring your "new" boat... :thumb: :speed boat:

Hi all
Done with negotiations. Have signed accepted offer on the N40 that went RTW. Current owners had the refits done. Not Bristol but reasonably close. Surveys on Monday and Tuesday. Spit up the anchor.

Congratulations for your new boat. Bonne Chance and Bon Voyage aboard to you and Madame.

Sometimes silence is the best way of being heard; Welcome to the club.

I hope it goes well. I lost track of where that Nordie was lying, hopefully it isn't too far away, or if it is, that it's somewhere pleasant to spend a few days ;)

So far have physically looked at boats in Florida, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine and Maryland. It’s real obvious why there’s a COVID bump in Florida and it’s not mainly due to Delta imho. Waiting on survey. Oil analysts not that terrible but just a few hours since last change. Miserable awlgrip job and home brew wiring which needs to be taken out. Some voids and other stuff. Will see.

Thanks for the update. Hoping for good news, whether it be this boat or another :flowers:

Hippo,

Do please report back with the survey results. I was looking at this N40 only recently:

https://yachthub.com/list/boats-for...al-expedition-style-long-range-cruiser/261898

I imagine this is similar to the one you are talking about. These look perfect for what my wife calls "one and a half people" (I live on board, she in our house on land, and she comes on board from time to time). The galley layout, in particular looks superb.

Best of luck!

Hippo,

Do please report back with the survey results. I was looking at this N40 only recently:

https://yachthub.com/list/boats-for...al-expedition-style-long-range-cruiser/261898

I imagine this is similar to the one you are talking about. These look perfect for what my wife calls "one and a half people" (I live on board, she in our house on land, and she comes on board from time to time). The galley layout, in particular looks superb.

Best of luck!

Alas, the listing indicates it is under contract.

Dan, yes, and very recently, too. It's very hard for us to move around over here, presently; Covid. Doesn't stop us looking, though (although on-line only right now).

Back
Top Bottom