Wakeproof Duck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffnick

Guru
Vessel Name
Big Duck
Vessel Make
'72 Land-N-Sea
Having a fabulous time out here on Lake Powell. We spend the nights and a good part of the day with the bow on the beach. Logged about 150 miles over the last week. We've discovered something very interesting about this 28' tri-hull...it's wakeproof. We get a little pitch, but almost no roll. We never alter course to negotiate a wake.

Attachments

• IMAG1670.jpg
    IMAG1670.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 67
Glad you made it safe out and are having a good time on the water.

What are you doing with Marin's anchor?

Californians are as much of a scourge on Lake Powell as here, right? I mean, if it wasn't for California taking all the water out of the Colorado River Jeff would have a lot more lake to be boating in, yes? So he's probably finding the gunsight handy.

Hope you have a great time cruising Lake Powell. The place has always been on my bucket list of places I wanted see and boat. I suppose now that I have a untrailerable trawler it may never happen.

I just noticed today when I read your post that your from Spartanburg SC. I was just there for a day last week to visit a vendor, Spartanburg Steel Products. I had dinner at Soby's in downtown Greenville on Monday night. It was my first time in SC. Your from a very nice area,

Good luck with the rest your trip.

The place has always been on my bucket list of places I wanted see and boat. I suppose now that I have a untrailerable trawler it may never happen.

Most of the big lakes like this have charter/rental companies you can hire a boat from if you want to cruise on them.

Most of the big lakes like this have charter/rental companies you can hire a boat from if you want to cruise on them.

Awkward sentence if I ever read one. ;)

We've discovered something very interesting about this 28' tri-hull...it's wakeproof.

Same here on this floating balloon.

232323232%7Ffp537%3C6%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D347996965%3A336nu0mrj

Having a fabulous time out here on Lake Powell. We spend the nights and a good part of the day with the bow on the beach. Logged about 150 miles over the last week. We've discovered something very interesting about this 28' tri-hull...it's wakeproof. We get a little pitch, but almost no roll. We never alter course to negotiate a wake.

Sounds like you are having to much fun.Enjoy your time away from this place.

Hope you have a great time cruising Lake Powell. The place has always been on my bucket list of places I wanted see and boat. I suppose now that I have a untrailerable trawler it may never happen.

I just noticed today when I read your post that your from Spartanburg SC. I was just there for a day last week to visit a vendor, Spartanburg Steel Products. I had dinner at Soby's in downtown Greenville on Monday night. It was my first time in SC. Your from a very nice area,

Good luck with the rest your trip.

Hope you like out little slice of.........Which branch of Spartan Steel did you visit?I think we have,or had,three.If that was you that I accidentally knock down coming into Soby's,I apologize.

Spartanburg Steel Products not spartanburg steel. They are a stamping house located off New Cut rd. n of 85B and south of 85, and east of 24.
No apology needed for knocking me over. I had several of their double bock something or others that I didn't feel a thing. I'll probably get the chance to go back. So maybe I can return the favor.

Spartanburg Steel Products not spartanburg steel. They are a stamping house located off New Cut rd. n of 85B and south of 85, and east of 24.
No apology needed for knocking me over. I had several of their double bock something or others that I didn't feel a thing. I'll probably get the chance to go back. So maybe I can return the favor.

Ohhhhhh OK.You can see how easy it is to get those two companies mixed up.

Catch ya on the return trip. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom