Starboard in Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlaskaProf

Guru
Vessel Name
boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Make
RAWSON 41
Some months ago there was a thread which included some recommendations for vendors of plastics. I can't find it now. Any help?

This is not in Seattle, but I've bought Starboard many times from McMaster-Carr. They always had white and black, quick shipping. Probably wouldn't apply if you need a truly large piece.

I recently noticed they now also have colors. Don't ask me why this is exciting, but it is kinda neat (friend bought a piece of it in red to make a transducer block for the transom of his red boat - matchy matchy!)

This is not in Seattle, but I've bought Starboard many times from McMaster-Carr. They always had white and black, quick shipping. Probably wouldn't apply if you need a truly large piece.

I recently noticed they now also have colors. Don't ask me why this is exciting, but it is kinda neat (friend bought a piece of it in red to make a transducer block for the transom of his red boat - matchy matchy!)

SEATTLE, WA
TAP Plastics: SEATTLE, WA
710 9th Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109

Email: tap32@tapplastics.com

Open: Monday - Friday 8:30 to 5:30. Saturday 9 to 5.

Phone: 206.389.5900

The pest prices in the area for plastic is Calsak Plastics Seattle. Which is not in Seattle but in Kent just outside of Seattle. They will be half the price of Tap on everything.

The pest prices in the area for plastic is Calsak Plastics Seattle. Which is not in Seattle but in Kent just outside of Seattle. They will be half the price of Tap on everything.

I think yours is the message I recalled.

Thanx,
Bill, anchored in Fisherman's Bay.

I can cut any size if you bring it to my table saw…

Calsak is giving 16 week lead time on any resin product.

TAP doesn't even answer the phone. Answering machine just suggests you try again some other time.:ermm:

Calsak is giving 16 week lead time on any resin product.

TAP doesn't even answer the phone. Answering machine just suggests you try again some other time.:ermm:

Is that for Starboard or all Hdpe. I have had to use non Starboard branded Hdpe for projects this summer but I have always been able to get Hdpe. Of course each new time is an adventure. Coin-op washers now have a 2 month lead time and I used to just pick one up from the warehouse.

I have bought Starboard from buckwoodcraft.com.

Another option

Some months ago there was a thread which included some recommendations for vendors of plastics. I can't find it now. Any help?

You might try:

Laird Plastics
1040 Thomas Ave SW,

Renton, WA 98057
United States

Phone: +1 206 623 4900

Ryan

I asked Calsak about alternatives. That's when she offered the 16 weeks...maybe.

Laird or onlinemetals.com also carries starboard in black and white, smooth or textured, will cut to dimension.

I've always had really good luck with these guys. Prices also tend to be a bit better than TAP.
Almost always able to get same day cuts done as well...

Commercial Plastics Corp.
3414 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134
Phone: (206) 682-4832

You might try:

Laird Plastics
1040 Thomas Ave SW,

Renton, WA 98057
United States

Ryan

Laird didn't have any, but they spent some time on the phone, trying other sources for me. Seemed like good guys.

I have also used Buck. Great vendor can cut to size or any shape you want with CNC machine. Another great task they can do for you is engraving.

Rich
Sonic Sea Dog
Currently at Cuttyhunk

I have used Kel Tech in Tacoma for several plastic related items. What you are describing needing done, is their specialty.

Kel-Tech Plastics Inc(253) 472-9654
3510 S Pine St
Tacoma, WA 98409

...and based on your avatar, Kel Tech is in your backyard.

Plastics Supplier

This may be a little late for your needs, but
I've used Interstate Plastics here in the San Francisco Bay Area to source plastic material for various projects from a HDPE hard dodger for my sailboat to underlayment for 1KW of solar panels for my CPMY.

They have a Seattle area location:

22435 68th Ave. South
Kent, WA 98032
(253) 395-4885
(253) 395-0535 Fax
1-800-742-3444

Not sure about Seattle, but ask about “off cuts”. There’s custom fabricator in Vancouver who will sell “off cuts” for a reasonable price. HDP comes in several densities, Starboard being the highest density and highest cost. You may not need Starboard for all projects.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom