Tank Tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bulldog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Growler
Vessel Make
Albin 36 Express Trawler
Looking for suggestions for a simple way to check the level of my freshwater and holding tanks. I had tank tender on last boat and that seemed to work accurately on one of the 3 tanks it was attached to so I would rather avoid going that route again.

Thanks!

for my 2 water tanks and 2 fuel tanks I have;
-Sight glass
-Tank Tender
-float valve gauges.

Sight glass is simple, accurate and reliable. However, I have to get down into the ER to check levels as I keep the sight glass valve on the fuel tanks closed unless in use.

Tank tender is very reliable on 3/4 of the tanks. One of them has an air leak somewhere which makes the reading very short lived, so a bit annoying.

The float valve gauges on my boat are actually pretty accurate and good enough for casual use and they display right at the helm.

If I am trying to completely fill the fuel tanks, I'll use the tank tender to calculate how much fuel I need.

I loved my Tank Tender on my first boat with four fuel tanks, one water tank and one holding tank. I had to fix the holding tank due to contamination but they really worked great. Wish I had that system on my current vessel. Oh, I also had dip sticks and sight glasses on the fuel tanks. Wonderful set up.

I have a Maretron on 4 tanks. The fuel tanks are almost accurate. Black water tank is acceptable.
Now, if someone will stop by and help me calibrate the FW reading, I will be veery happy.

My fuel tanks are rectangular so it was easy to calibrate. I also put a piece of blue tape on the fuel tanks, near the sight glass.
My water tank and black water tank are also rectangular too.

I had a tank tender on my Nordic Tug. We had 2 fuel tanks and a water tank connected to it. There was separate "float type" monitor for the black tank which was located in the keel, so this is what would work (floats). The TT worked great. No problems. For fuel, I also had sight gauges, and I kept track of hours and fuel added. My TT, sight gauges, and hours used always were very close to each other and were very accurate for determining tank level and expected fuel (to add) volume.

The black tank "floats" got "gunked up" once and required to be removed and cleaned, but then worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom