Flux Gauge Compass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yes Dear

Vessel Name
Yes Dear
Vessel Make
2006 430 Mainship
I need help finding the flux gauge compass on my 2006 430 Mainship. Thanks for any suggestions on places to look.

Is this an aft cabin boat?

Sorry, can't help then.

I just noticed where this is posted. Try posting in the Mainship section.

Hey Porman, I was thinking Aft Cabin, meant sleeping quarters are in the aft of vessel. My berth is in the bow. Maybe, I do have an aft cabin. I'm not sure. My vessel looks similar to your 2003 430 Mainship.

If yours looks like mine then there is a queen size bed in the back and an odd shaped bed in the front. If that's what you have, then look in the cabinet to the right as you go down the stairs to the aft bed. That is where my fluxgate compass is located.

Thanks porman for your reply. I do not have an aft cabin. I have been on this site since 2016, but, it's my first time asking a question. I only have a berth in the bow of the boat. Sorry for all he confusion. I tried to upload a picture and haven't had any luck doing that. But, again, thank you for trying to help me.

Hey YD, welcome here. There are any number of locations for the flux GATE compass. Most likely it is down on the deck in the forward cabin in the forward third of the hull. Mine is under the athwartships settee in the cabin.

Could be anywhere but usually down low or under a vee berth.
Your auto pilot will have a motherboard box near the hydraulic pump. Find that and find the fluxgate compass connection then trace the cable.

Back
Top Bottom