Why is there not a Hatteras section?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know, there's only a few of us on here.

Probably because Hatteras didn’t build a lot of trawlers except for the LRC series, and they are very nice BTW.

Probably because Hatteras didn’t build a lot of trawlers except for the LRC series, and they are very nice BTW.

I can still stay right? Even though I went over to the dark side and purchased a Viking MY ????

I can still stay right? Even though I went over to the dark side and purchased a Viking MY ????

Well, maybe. We are supposed to close on a Formula 41PC on Monday so if I can stay I think you can. I don’t know it I will get thrown off TF for buying the Formula…

I came here after the Hatteras I was a partner in was taken by Irma. We ran it like a trawler most of the time, but it wasn't one, and her systems and propulsion didn't resemble anything common here, so a lot of the info here didn't apply. Now, we have a Mainship, an actual trawler of sorts, this group is more relevant and I spend more time here. That said, if you have a Hatt questions, I'm pretty good with them. Feel free to ask.

Vikings are a very nice ride and have eaten Hatteras' lunch in sportfish boats for the last 20 years, IMO. :thumb:

Hatteras owner

I was wondering the same thing? Why no Hatteras section.

Anyway, count me in as another of the 10? Hatteras owners on this forum.

M/Y Katerina
58 LRC

This forum really should be re-named to something like "power cruisers" or something. It's much easier to be part of this forum no matter what type of boat you own because everyone here owns and understands the nuances of mechanical propulsion. I find it hard to take part on CF because it's so sail oriented.

Thanks for the feedback folks and appreciate the offer to answer specific Hat questions.
We are prepping our 42 LRC for the a three month run to the Exumas after hurricane season and putting together a list of spares specific to Hat systems and N4-53s.

Again…thanks for the response…

K/r.

J

Count me in

Second the suggestion for Sam’s Marine. But I get more worthwhile info and comraderie here :dance:

Interesting discussion.

I am on here with an older Greenline, which is not really a trawler - but it's closer to that than a "go-fast" planing boat. My interests more closely align with the LRC crowd, though I don't have nearly the range or capabilities they do. For me, "Long Range" means many months cruising away from home...but in shorter "legs", with lots of nice marinas, anchorages, historical attractions and interesting restaurants.

This forum has a wealth of information -- with somewhat of a trawler bias -- but the majority of what's here is relevant for most pleasure boats, in my opinion. I know there are MANY other boating fora out there, but personally, I feel life is too short to spend the time to be actively involved in all of them. This one has served me well, so far, as a form of "one-stop-shopping". I haven't joined any others.

Rambling.... But my point is, I think this forum is clearly of high value for non-trawler owners, as evidenced by all those participating here. I'm not sure what it takes for TF to consider creating a dedicated group, but I am going to guess that TF would still like to maintain some form of differentiation from all the others out there. So, a line of boats would have to be at least somewhat trawler-like to qualify. Hatteras has (had) very nice LRC's. There's a 42' in Malmö that I admired -- and even considered buying -- at one point. It doesn't hurt to ask the moderators. Maybe they would go for it based on the LRC??? Perhaps a moderator will chime in here?

We are looking forward to a Bahama with our 42 LRC as well. Would you like to share your growing spares list with us? If so…. NautiCat@howepic.com

Virginias Run....We are also prepping a Hatteras 42 LRC, a 1980 MKII. I bought her in Fort Myers and we made a mad dash (Not fast dash) to New Bern, NC, and had her pulled for storage in Oriental NC. I'm away from her until November when I plan to spend a week making lists of what I need once I get to her full time in February. The 849 km trip in 9 days was an adventure (Still The One m/v) on Facebook, one thing I confirmed during that trip, she's a well founded design, but no where in her is the word fast :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom