Thread: Newbie Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #1
robtx

City: New Braunfels
Newbie Hello

The important things: Over 50, have an itch that doesn't seem to be going away. I started at the top when looking for activities for a family trip to the med next summer and chartering a yacht came up....and here we are.

I have a Nautique that I'm selling since we are on a Texas river lake that is: a) small, b) being drained to fix the dam.

My dream is an Outer Reef (610/630/650) in the Bahamas with the family.

My steps to get there are to see about a starter boat in Kemah/Clear Lake area. Today, my current progression (and price brackets) look something like Marine Trader 50/GB 42 -> DeFever 52/53 -> GB Europa.

I know the children are excited for adventure, but I could lose the wife if I continue down this path...which would impact my purchasing power, but sometimes there are compromises to make. :-)

I came across the swfyachts.com reference in another thread today and that is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. I want to learn, not be kept liquored up on champagne and out of the way...not that there is anything wrong with that, but all the same I'd just assume pick the spot, set anchor and transition out of travel mode myself first.
robtx is offline   Reply With Quote