View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #63
Tator
Guru

City: Bainbridge Island/Petersburg Alaska
Vessel Name: Oz
Vessel Model: Bluewater 40' RPH 1979
Do not confuse the other Bluewater Yachts shown in the previous photos with the Bluewater Yacht shown in my avatar and which have an owners section here on the forum. The ones like mine have a soft chine displacement hull and low horsepower singles or doubles-totally different boats.

When we were having our then recently purchased Bluewater project boat trucked from Portland to Puget Sound this confusion cost us much time and money.

We were living on Maui at the time and had arranged by phone the trucking. After flying to Portland and taking the boat to the ramp where it was to loaded on the trailer, the trucker looked at it and exclaimed that this was not the Bluewater he was expecting and could not ship it at that time because he needed a larger trailer, a different route, permits, a follow car and he could not take it to Port Townsend but only to Olympia. I had emailed him all the dimensions, displacement and weight info as well as a general description of the boat. I had to fly back to Maui and return 4 weeks later to load the boat at much greater expense. We did end up being able to take her on her own bottom from Olympia to Port Townsend. Understand the differences!

Tator
Tator is offline   Reply With Quote