Long Time Lurker.....First Time Poster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Decided to make an account after lurking for years. I grew up in the PNW around water and boats but have never owned a larger boat. As a kid ran around Puget Sound in Livingston's and my family had a Campion Explorer 26 for Salmon fishing. Fast forward to now, I'm 40 and have a wife and 2 year old. Most of my life my main hobbie has been cars but looking to switch to boating to make some memories with my son and explore the area.

I joined to get some advise on boat purchasing as well as boating in general. I am looking for a boat we can take around the Puget Sound and up along Vancouver Island for weekend trips. I have a $35K - $45K budget currently and would gladly take any suggestions. Ive recently become interested in Tollycrafts but am researching different options like crazy before buying anything.

Are there any boater courses here in WA? Its a little intimidating being off the water for a while and only piloting smaller boats to purchasing something 28' +

Seems like a great site, have a great weekend!

One strategy is to purchase a boat in BC. Because of the dollar value difference between the two currencies, your budget will increase by 20 %.

The border is suppose to open up mid-August for vaccinated Americans to enter Canada.

Welcome aboard. Tolleys are nice boats and well built.

One strategy is to purchase a boat in BC. Because of the dollar value difference between the two currencies, your budget will increase by 20 %.

The border is suppose to open up mid-August for vaccinated Americans to enter Canada.

That is a good idea actually. We have purchased older vehicles up there due to stronger dollar like 70 Series Land Cruisers. Didnt even think of looking that way for a boat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom