View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 09:14 AM   #18
RonR
Guru

City: Everett WA.
Vessel Name: Triton
Vessel Model: 48' Golden Egg Harbor
We were at Fishermans from 6-23 to 6-27, then headed to Roche from 6-27-7-3, then we got kicked out.. and went to Friday Harbor from 7-3 to 7-5.

Now back to my bitch.
We have been going to Roche for the 4th of July for the last 5? years. And always spend another 2 weeks there in late Aug/Sep as we have friends on Little Henry island. Always go up around 6-25-27. We get our name on the wait list (first come first on the list to stay the 2-3-4th of July). We always made the list. This year we pulled into our dock spot that we reserved in January, got on the list. The gal said we were plenty early and will have no problems, on 7-2 the head guy came by and said its not looking good for us and we should prob plan to be someplace else for the 4th. I told him that the gal said we made the list in time, he said.. well there is the written list, and there is the political list, you made one but not the other. So we went to Friday harbor. We came back to Roche for dinner reservations on the 4th and there was a 85' boat in the spot that two 50's were once at, mine being one of them.

I know I'm not a high roller with a multi million yacht, but I have been going to Roche since I was 12, when the original guest dock was all they had, and it was a big POS. I have been taking our boats there for the last 5 years in a row, staying around 2-4 weeks a year.

I don't plan on ever going back.
RonR is offline   Reply With Quote