Identify this boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFY

Attachments

• boat-5.jpg
    boat-5.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response.

Looks close but I see at least three things that look different:
The Bayliner has a kind of scoop at the front which is different from the picture.
The Bayliner railing goes almost the the cockpit area where as on the picture it stops near the pilot house door.
The Bayliner has engine room air opening in hull below the salon area and the hull on the picture seems to be smooth.

Is there a newer bayliner version that I can't find?

Thanks again,
Gene

Attachments

• boat-6.jpg
    boat-6.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 25
It's definitely not a Bayliner or the updated models that were sold under the Meridian name. That said, I'm not sure off hand what it is.

I haven't a clue then. That was my best guess based on the shape. I can't even think of another brand who has hull shapes like that.

I'd have guessed Meridian 58 Pilothouse (Bayliner 5788 update)... but if it's not that... maybe a Navigator of some sort?

-Chris

Symbol?

Attachments

• Zen-profile-1.jpg
    Zen-profile-1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 26
Great....I think you are right it appears to be a 58' Symbol.

Thanks!

Now I can go research those. :)

Gene

Bridge of Loins? Lol ��

Yes my wife and I walk across the bridge almost every morning. I look at the boats in the city marina trying to decide about a future purchase...

St Augustine is a very nice (and small) city with a lot of history.

Thanks again,
Gene

"a lot of history" is an understatement!

Yes my wife and I walk across the bridge almost every morning. I look at the boats in the city marina trying to decide about a future purchase...

St Augustine is a very nice (and small) city with a lot of history.

Thanks again,
Gene
Yup, great place to live. I wouldn't keep my boat at City Marina though. San Sebastian Rvr choices are much better IMHO. YMMV

St. Augustine is the oldest continuously occupied city in the US.
Plus the home on the nation's 2nd best pizza joint, Pizza Time, as determined by Trip Advisor!

St Augustine has many good things including award winning bourbon. Worth a tour of the distillery. Sorry but best pizza is still in CT

St Augustine has many good things including award winning bourbon. Worth a tour of the distillery. Sorry but best pizza is still in CT

Ahm your kidding, right? Ct...hardly... I live in St Augustine but NY or NJ pizza would top any CT pizza that I have ever had,,,,fuggedaboudit!

Not to hijack this thread but, have you had real pizza, Chicago style!?
Now that's a pizza!!!

I think of it as the pizza crescent. Starts in about New Haven, CT and wraps around through NYC and out onto Long Island. That's the area where the best pizzas come from. Not to say there isn't good pizza elsewhere, but there's by far the most good pizza in that area.

According to a set of books coming out its Portland.....

From CNN.com
The honor of best pizza city in the United States goes not to those traditional standard bearers of pizza but instead to that innovative West Coast upstart of Portland, Oregon.
That's the ruling according to Nathan Myhrvold and Francisco Migoya, authors of the upcoming encyclopedic "Modernist Pizza," scheduled to be released in October.
At three volumes and almost 1,700 pages, it includes the history of pizza, more than 1,000 recipes, pizza-making techniques and tools plus tips on where to get the best pie -- in exquisite detail and with stunning photos.

From CNN.com
The honor of best pizza city in the United States goes not to those traditional standard bearers of pizza but instead to that innovative West Coast upstart of Portland, Oregon.
That's the ruling according to Nathan Myhrvold and Francisco Migoya, authors of the upcoming encyclopedic "Modernist Pizza," scheduled to be released in October.
At three volumes and almost 1,700 pages, it includes the history of pizza, more than 1,000 recipes, pizza-making techniques and tools plus tips on where to get the best pie -- in exquisite detail and with stunning photos.

yup, I am always relying on CNN for pizza recommendations... They get it right everytime...

From CNN.com

Fake news! Besides, that just the opinion of 2 guys writing a book. You can argue CT vs. NY and they both have awesome pizza. In fact it's hard to find really bad pizza in CT or NY. Can't say that about FL. I once ordered a sausage pizza and they put brown-n-serve breakfast sausage on it, yuck. And yes I've had Chicago pizza but that doesn't count, it's a different animal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom