Instrument Panel Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Heron

Guru
My console lights on my fly bridge do not illuminate. When I turn the toggle switch to "On", I notice ALL the guages jump at the same time like a voltage spike..

any thoughts?

My console lights on my fly bridge do not illuminate. When I turn the toggle switch to "On", I notice ALL the guages jump at the same time like a voltage spike..

any thoughts?

Is this something that just happened recently or has it been this way since the boat was new? Or since you bought it?

If it's a recent condition, did anything else happen about the same time you started having this problem? Did you or anyone else work on the boat or the electrical system?

Lighting is about as simple as it gets as far as electrical circuits. Power comes from a source, through an overcurrent protection device, through a switch, through the lamp(s), and returns to the source. If the lights don't illuminate, the bulbs are burned out or there's an interruption in the circuit. You, or an electrician of your choosing, will have to examine the wiring and find and correct the problem. Having a volt meter and the knowledge of how to use it will simplify the process.

Check the ground connection.

The console lights should be fused or on a breaker. I'd check there first. If the fuse is good then you should only need to trace the wiring from the switch through the lighting circuit. Test the switch while you're at it.

Thanks good suggestions will see what I find.

Rwid,
First time I noticed it, and it doesnt mean it didnt exist before I purchased. It isnt mentioned in survey and boat was seatrialed and delivered in day light hours. "When" it happened is immaterial, it doesnt work. Doubt all bulbs burned out at the same time.

Ground, Fuse and switch are good starting points.

When it happened, if you know, is a good trouble shooting tool.

As you don't know when it happened, look for a bad ground.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom