The Adventure Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing to consider is how long you might own the boat or what physical condition you are mow or expect to be.

While I like the Europa designs for some things..one thing I considered was climbing that ladder to get to 1/2 the living area of my boat at an older age or older friends/family now.

The same is true of a sundeck when tring t get from the swim platform to the main deck.

While some designs are great for some forms of cruising or for the present...they may not be in 10 years or so.

If you have the coins to switch horses...great...not everyone may be able to do that.

I said I hate going slow. That doesn't mean I want to run a dumb-ass kind of boat.

If you had to crawl the ditch anyplace like most of us back East....6 knots is all you can do without the whole world whining about your wake....:D

Sure you can run the ocean...but at that point sell the boat and take cruise ships...cheaper in the long run and you don't have to cook! :thumb:

I can relate to going slow or fast...you have some big territory out there and currents that make 6.5 knot boats a drag I'm sure. Back East...do more than 50 miles a day and your missing 1/2 the interesting stuff anyhow..so it's not so bad..plus creeping along between all the idiots keeps the stress manageable till happy hour....:dance:

80 feet @ 45 knots? . My dad was skipper of a 78 foot Higgens. Triple Packard V-12s burning 100 octane avgas. 1 1/2 inch fuel lines. He always said 35 might have been tops, but they had to practice fuel conservation due to the large operating area in the Phillipines. Often cruised on the center engine, then fired up all three for combat. Still, if Uncle is buying the fuel.......
Coming from a sail background, 8 knots all day long is heaven!!!!!

Do any of you regular readers detect a theme in Marin's recent posts, in this thread and others, complaining about how slow he has to go? ?? :banghead::banghead:

Do we sense a faster boat in his future?:whistling::whistling:

Something more like this perhaps?

Attachments

• 2051514.jpg
    2051514.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 315
Back
Top Bottom