View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 05:10 PM   #14
GJK

City: Mijdrecht
Hi Peter,

I have a VW 150-5 and Iskra combi.
I noticed the issue in sept 2019 due a drop in speed on electric, a restart did fix it for 10 minutes then I smelled the clutch plates and knew it was serious. Did some thinking and conclude that there was something wrong with either main or slave cylinder. When I discovered the brake fluid under the engine I knew where to look.In the end the O-rings gave way and luckily my plates remaind clean, no replacement needed.

Took me a while to put all the pieces together and get some info about the part. It became clear this was a normaal exchange part for a VW T4 2.5 engine from LUK or Valeo. It does need some modification.

See attachments for how it lookes like in the housing,

some snaps of the modification process:

- cut the part that does not fit due to the lack of a hole in the housing and the mounted Iskra motor-gen,
- Drill a larger hole for the connector:
- apply/create the new thread, be sure to exactly match the thread on the remaining connector, no need to remove that
- The construction I made

Use locktite or equivalent to seal the connector. I had to do the operation twice due to that mistake, went a lot quicker though...

VW engine is about 260 kg, Iskra and gear box about 150kg. Doable with some planning. For beams I used what I had. 4x4 seems OK to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Original part-position.jpg   Cut of part.jpg   Drill larger hole.jpg   Apply new thread.jpg   Construction.jpg  

GJK is offline   Reply With Quote