View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 10:23 PM   #351
twistedtree
Guru

City: Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
So much room..! However, Peter, one thing that I always think of when I see a saloon like that is, how do you stop the furniture sliding all over the place then the going gets a bit rough..? I doubt that the stabs could completely eliminate that..? Especially thinking of what happened to that lovely cabin with the stuff they had just stacked in there for the delivery trip moving around, and that was on a huge cargo ship. Is there some way of fixing couches/tables to the floor, or what..?

Yes, an important point. The sofa will have hooks that secure it in place so it can't move around. Same with the other loose furniture, but we don't yet have it all figured out exactly. My thinking so far is that they will need to be moved to the wall, and secured together & to the wall or floor. There is a rug now, so lots of "grip" holding things in place - at least until it's not enough Lamps and everything on a counter surface are held down with earthquake putty. That works incredibly well for smaller items.