A vs B floor plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dixie Life

Vessel Name
Aku Uka
Vessel Make
43’ DeFever
What is the difference between an A and B floor plan?

This is dependent on which model you are speaking of. But typically it involves the belowdecks layout of staterooms and heads; for Defever this sometimes means two sizable staterooms (master and a guest that is nearly as large) vs one master and two small guest cabins.

The one in question is a 49 RPH. I've found plan B on several sites, but no plan A. On a 49 footer I'm guessing 2 cabins and 2 heads is about the limit. So, it must be a different layout. Just can't find how the layout is.

“There are also the “Plan A” and “Plan B” versions, which seem to have been available through both builders. The original Sen Koh boats (Plan A) had access to the engineroom through a hatch in the galley sole as well as through a small door from the lazarette. The hatch had a vertical ladder and, as one owner noted, more than a few people have fallen through the open hatch, not knowing someone had left the galley hatch open while working in the engineroom.
DeFever designed an alternate layout called Plan B. It included a stairway that went from near the galley into the master stateroom, which had the berth turned athwartships to allow a full-sized door into the engineroom through the after bulkhead.”

Thanks. You have answered my question. Makes more sense now.

You’re welcome. I admire the 49 RPH and if I didn’t need at least three dedicated sleeping cabins it would be high on my list for shopping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom