View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #6
kthoennes
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Thanks everybody so far. Quick reply on clearance just for the moment, installation specs on the LG say 2" for sides, top and back:

https://images.thdstatic.com/catalog...32dbe6da42.pdf

I'll actually have more than that all around, since the LG is about 2" less in depth than the Norcold that's coming out, and about an inch and a half smaller height and width than the Norcold. There's also 3" of dead (empty) space inside the fridge cabinet on top, and a 16" x 3" ventilation louver in the top of the cabinet, so I'll be able to mount the fan there. I've researched this (way too long) so I think I'm all set. So you can see what I mean here's a photo of our galley -- not our boat, just grabbed it off a sales listing a second ago for convenience, but same make and model, nearly identical. I see these owners did the same thing we have in mind, removed the original Norcold and replaced it with what looks like a residential fridge. I see they also ran matching cherry trim around the edge (Mainship just ran the trim around the top), and we'll probably do the same thing. I have a pile of dark cherry at home in my wood shop.
Attached Thumbnails
p37681w.jpg  
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote